Some color-combinations (front/back) not possible. Anyway to work around this?

WillemII@Tilburg

Hi,

This is a question for FM2008, allthough I can imagine it also applies for FM2009. I like to have the colours of a team in FM matching the colours in the logo. In some cases however, the official FM data editor won't let me. If I choose a color for the background (e.g. dark blue-ish) and I choose a color which is a bit similar (according to FM that is!!) for the text (e.g. black) and I start a new game, I will see the correct dark blue-ish background, but with white text instead of black... I imagine this is done to prevent the text from becoming unreadable, but in some cases, FM is too strict. So my question is: is there a way to work around this?

Especially for clubs that have two different shades of the same color (e.g. Le Havre: dark blue and light blue), it's a problem. FM 'helps' me, by turning the dark blue text into black... I want to be able to control the colors in FM. Any ideas?

Much appreciated!!

It's simply there for readability. Teams with potentially poor contrast will be given a different colour to text in game.

The only way to change it would be to edit it skin-wise. Opening the titlebar.xml for you chosen skin, search for any references to:

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="ttcl" set_property="colr"/>

and replace them with

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="fcol" set_property="colr"/>

It'll be skins.fmf. You'll find that in program files\sports interactive\football manager 2008\data\ iirc

Extract both the files from there, then edit the left hand version. Best way is to then re-name the skins (edit the name of the folder, name the fm2008.xml file to the same as the folder, then open the renamed .xml file and edit the skin name line - this is what will show in prefs.)

Add them to your skins folder in your user data location (this will be the same as it is for FM2009 so follow the instructions from the guide at the top of the thread) then load the edited skin from preferences.

If you get stuck doing that then this thread http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2285279&postcount=2 walks you through extracting skins. Again it's for FM2009 but the same concepts apply.

Archived