Adding new players

Mic Jules

I have added me and several of my friends into the database.

I have given them a CA of around the 100 mark and a PA of around 200 mark.

They were all signed to AFC Wimbledon.

What I am struggling to work out is why no club is interested in loaning them, all they want to do is buy them and I can't even offer them to clubs as loans.

Is there something I have missed cos, in game player creations work fine - clubs want them on loan just not the new players I have created.

I did this type of thing with FM08 and that worked without fault.

Any help would be good - many thanks :)

Yes I sign them to AFC Wimbledon but as youth players so are signed when they turn 17.

The players were aged between 15 and 17.

Most had a CA of around 100, but I experimented and gave a few players a CA of over 125.

All players were set to have a PA of 200.

I set up around 15 stats per page in the editor between 10 and 20.

I set their home reputation to 25 but left the other reputation to zero.

Right from the off, I had many clubs interested as now but only as Transfer none set to Loan. This is very surprising especially as they are extremely good players.

I have progress AFC Wimbledon from Conference South to the Championship and I would have expected the lower teams to want to loan some of my players especially as many of the players I have created do not get a run in the team.

When I did this in FM08 with Bognor, it was a different story, the majority of interested parties were after a loan of a player rather than a transfer as they did not have the money.

Now in FM09, I have clubs just interested in transfers, not even try before you buy.

I am totally confounded why these added players cannot be loaned out - I have tried offering the players on loan at 0% wage contribution, removing the ability to play against my team and for no fee, but all clubs reject as they want a transfer.

I'm by no means an expert, but seeing as the transfer model has been completely rewritten it might be that the AI does a calculation on a player it's interested in. Say something like, if the potential is x great and the rough price to buy is y low. Eg, what I mean is: is it best for the AI to loan or should it buy. I'd recon an AI would loan if it's low on cash, or if it only needs temp cover.

The AI might realize that a loan isn't good enough because the PA is 200, so it really wants to keep it. But say for a player with CA 100 and PA 150, the AI might have youths it can target to loan with CA 80 and PA 175? So it'll choose to buy yours because it realizes how amazing the player will be?

Something like this, as I said I don't know if this is the case, but I'm just putting in my 2 cents :)

Archived