Problems with Editor

joec123

I used the editor for fm09. I changed the stats of my Reading FC team and saved the changes under 'Reading'. I went to preferences on the game itself and changed the database to my saved database but it has not worked and i have tried on my game and 2 or 3 other saved games. I have had no luck with the Editor. Can anyone please help?

The packaged editor is not for saved games - it's for editing the database before you start a game. Saved games are not in the same file format or type as databases so it's impossible to edit a database for a saved game like that.

There are however a lot of saved game editors out there if you have a look down this forum :) (for use while you play the game as they read from the memory iirc)

The packaged editor is not for saved games - it's for editing the database before you start a game. Saved games are not in the same file format or type as databases so it's impossible to edit a database for a saved game like that.

There are however a lot of saved game editors out there if you have a look down this forum :) (for use while you play the game as they read from the memory iirc)

I did launch new games after i had saved my changes to the database but when they loaded up, my changes weren't visible. I don't really see a route around this problem. Would anyone be able to tell me how i can edit a few players and then transfer this over to a new game so i can play with my edited players?

I did launch new games after i had saved my changes to the database but when they loaded up, my changes weren't visible. I don't really see a route around this problem. Would anyone be able to tell me how i can edit a few players and then transfer this over to a new game so i can play with my edited players?

When you have made the changes in the editor, then you need to save the database under a new name.

Then when you go into the game, when you click new game, a box should appear with the option from which you can select your database. By default the 9.2.0, 9.1.0 or default one will be in there depending on whether you have the patch. Just click on that and you should see your own and choose that one instead and confirm. Then continue as normal when creating a new game.

Let me know how you get on. :thup:

When you have made the changes in the editor, then you need to save the database under a new name.

Then when you go into the game, when you click new game, a box should appear with the option from which you can select your database. By default the 9.2.0, 9.1.0 or default one will be in there depending on whether you have the patch. Just click on that and you should see your own and choose that one instead and confirm. Then continue as normal when creating a new game.

Let me know how you get on. :thup:

I saved my database as 'reading'. I have tried doing this but all that appears is 9.1.0, 9.2.0 and default. So what you're saying is at the menu for the databases my own database should appear? My database 'reading' has not appeared before. Is there a way of getting my database on to the list that appears as i'm starting a new game?

I saved my database as 'reading'. I have tried doing this but all that appears is 9.1.0, 9.2.0 and default. So what you're saying is at the menu for the databases my own database should appear? My database 'reading' has not appeared before. I will try again though!

Yeah it should. If it doesn't, then you might have changed the user data path in preferences. Could you tell me what that is?

Yeah it should. If it doesn't, then you might have changed the user data path in preferences. Could you tell me what that is?

C:/Users/joe/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db/Reading/

That is the only thing i could find that i think is my data path. The box for 'Use 'User Data' for temporary files' is ticked. Hope this helps.

C:/Users/joe/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db/Reading/

That is the only thing i could find that i think is my data path. The box for 'Use 'User Data' for temporary files' is ticked. Hope this helps.

If that is the user data path then it is wrong.

C:/Users/joe/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009

That is what it should be. Also make sure your "Reading" database is in C:/Users/joe/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db.

Let me know how you get on. :)

If that is the user data path then it is wrong.

C:/Users/joe/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009

That is what it should be. Also make sure your "Reading" database is in C:/Users/joe/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/db.

Let me know how you get on. :)

My 'Reading' database is definitely in db. Do you know how to change the data path to the one you suggested?

Just click the change button in the bottom right corner and go to the folder. Then in the screen that appears just click the up buttom twice. That should do it. :thup:

I did do that but it opens in db and the only thing that comes up is my database. I am really thankful for your advice but i have tried so many things and no change lol!

I did do that but it opens in db and the only thing that comes up is my database. I am really thankful for your advice but i have tried so many things and no change lol!

What is the user data path now? If you go up again then it should be correct. :thup:

It should do that. You just want to see the the folder that contains db. Go up until you see that and then confirm. :thup:

guys i have a smiliar problem...except i have World Soccer Manager 08...and when i load the editor i see my saved database there but when starting the game i dont get the usual box tht is supposed to pick the databse i want to start the game with...it just loads the default database and goes straight through creating the game...i even tried editing the default database to see what happens and there has been no change it disregards my changes.....checked the data path and thought it still seems as though its in the right path the new databse isnt even in the WSM 08 folder OR EVEN the data folder smh i noe u guys are scratching ur heads like this is puzzling too lol

any help would be greatly apreciated

Rerun of the probz

there are 2 databases version 8.0 and 8.02 both are default and cant be deleted.

YET STILL when i load a game i cant choose between the databases it just usually loads one and starts

SO when i created my own it aparently saves the database because it is in the list of editors when i re open the ditor

BUT although the Created database shows in editor when loading game there is still no option to choose the database and it just loads a database (never the created one)

Checkpoints

I have tried to fiddle with the data path but it still doesnt show the created database file in the WSM08 main folder or its data folder

Thinking its also another problem as do remember they arent allowing me to choose a database when teh new game screen comes up

ok but 1 question...i have a editor tht says 8.0.2 and the 2 databases are 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 but the game itself is 8.0. does this have anything to do with why its not showing me a options of the database at the new game screen and only loading one database???

im about to try what u said tho

i actually cant recall even getting a patch...maybe i did because at first i could not even FIND the editor so i downloaded a bunch of stuff then i finally found it and this is whats been happening...

so u think i should delete everything and try a clean uninstall of the game and reinstalling it just to see how things go

one more question....i got the cd for this game but for another game..do u noe if steam users can use more than one PC...like i have steam on my laptop but i wana transfer it to my desktop as its begining to slow down my laptop performance

Well the 1st thing is the patch is installed to the wrong location as that means the patch is installed in My Documents and it should not be.

Could you list every file and folder in the location: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008?

well i jus deleted em all mate remember :(....soo all thats left now is the data folder (which is the patch)

wait i jus did a search and the folders in that location are

DB

games

Matches

Skins

Sounds

temporary

but if i unistalled the game arent these empty extensions?

yes they are jus cheked em and the only one with folders in there and files is the DB folder with the databases i Created everything else is empty

Well to me it sounded like you had the game installed in My Documents which should not have been.

So this is what you should do.

1. Uninstall the game (You probably have that done)

2. Delete everything on your computer that has anything to do with Worldwide Soccer Manager. (You may want to back up your saved games, custom databases, custom skins and things like that.)

3. Make hidden files and folders visible and go to delete the cache.

4. Delete all registry entries for FM.

5. Install the game again

6. Download the patch and install it.

7. Put you games in the games folder in the place you said above, likewise skins, matches and databases.

8. Then check to see does it work.

If you want any help with any of those steps just let me know. :thup:

1) ok so i did uninstall the game

2) im about to delete the data file then no saved games or anything to worry about

3)i dont know how to make the hidden files and folders visible and or delete cache

4) where would i be able to do this ??

5) seems straightforward

6) not even sure where i would get the patch...do u think i could get everything to work editor and getting it to load WITHOUT the patch???

7)no need as there are no saved games

8) just hoping to get this done and THANKZ alot for all the help your giving me

No problem, I'll give you a hand with steps 3 and 4.

Yeah it should work without the patch but in the long term it is recommended you install the patch as it fixes several things with the game. If you want a link to it then I will find you one.

Step 3

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008” Folder.

Step 4

These posts explain it. :thup:

Ok. The next thing is the registry. I would suggest creating a restore point first as if you make a mistake tampering with the registry, it can mess up your whole system. If you create a restore point you can revert back to your current settings.

So to create a restore point do the following:

1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
  2. Select 'Create a restore point' and click next
  3. Type a name for it and click create
  4. Click close

Let me know when you have that done.

1. Now go to Start -> Run...
  2. Type "regedit.exe" without the quotes and click ok
  3. Go to these locations and delete the Sports Interactive Ltd folders in each location by right-clicking on it and choosing delete
  4. Here are the locations: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_USERS (check each folder here and delete any Sports Interactive Ltd folders found in the software folder in each folder in HKEY_USERS)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be very careful you delete the right folder as I said it can mess up your system if you do anything wrong.

Let me know when you have that done.

Let me know if you manage to get all that done. :)

Have you installed the game again? I thought you had the registry thing done. It needs to be done before installing the game again.

Anyway to create a restore point just load up system restore and you should see an option to either restore your system or to create a restore point. Choose that one and click next.

ok now its unable to load the data editor..somehting about debugging

well the editor is coming up its the database itself i mean its not loading

ok i noticed something...the editor is a FM20008 editor tht is on the program but im using WSM2008 is tht any problem...(thts the one tht came with the install on the cd)

Archived