Playing with two strikers

Hi, I am playing with Liverpool, in a 442 formation.

I am doing pretty well.

The only problem I have is one of my strikers always gets a crap rating (sub 6) unless they score.

I bought Huntelaar to play alongside Torres. He scored a fair few goals, but his average ratings was really poor. I hav also tried out other strikers there, but they are equally poor.

Do I need to get one of the strikers to drop off?

Any ideas?

It's clearly a bug.

To confirm that, do like this:

When playing a game, take the one striker with low rating and switch places with the winger. His rating will instantly increase quite a lot. Then switch back again and just as fast it will drop just as much. Now that can't be right?

To quote Michael Corleone: "Difficult, not impossible."

Put your best striker (composure & finishing) in the slot opposite his best foot. In other words, if he's left-footed, put him in the right striker slot and vice versa. Also make sure to swap them, so they're not in one place the whole time (also helpful with wingers). Low creative freedom is vital if the strikers aren't world-class (and I play with Rosario Central in Argentina, so yeah, not many of those around).

Of course, it also depends on many other factors. I play a possession-based, slow-ish tempo style of play and every player is on the same mentality so there is less room for misunderstanding between them. I also use the Targetman (usually the better passer of the two), though I don't think it's particularly essential.

I think a potential problem is that many FM users play a hyper-quick tempo and, naturally, many chances go to waste because most strikers aren't exactly Gerd Muller types.

Archived