Issues with FM22 Editor (missing options when creating clubs/competitions)

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been discussed in the past. I'm using FM22 editor (on Epic Games if this makes a difference). I have found it quite difficult to navigate, and weirdly some options seem to have become invisible since I first started. As I am new to editing, it's hard to tell whether this is a bug or I simply need to do something in order to access these options. I've attached a few pictures which hopefully describe what I am encountering:

For example, when I first started using the editor, when editing/creating clubs, all of the options for things such as coaching staff and competitions were available to edit. Now, they seem to be invisible and not available to edit (see pictures 1 to 4).

When I add a new competition now, there seems to be a limited selection of options to change, and is missing crucial options such as continent, and if you look on the left panel, it won't even let you add teams to the competition (see picture 5). When compared to if I edit an existing competition such as ECC (see picture 6), you can see there is more options including continent, and teams on the left panel.

This issue persists even when I restart the editor and reload the database, even when I don't load any editor data in. Is this a bug, or am I missing a setting? I've been watching youtube tutorial videos and it feels like what I see when I repeat their steps is not quite the same due to stuff like this.

Also, in general, is FM22 editor particularly buggy when it comes to things like advanced rules? I would happily stick to basic rules if it had what I wanted, but basic rules seem to not have much functionality and advanced rules seem to be the only way, despite me being out of my depth using them! Are the FM23 and FM24 editors any better? I'd consider upgrading if there were any less buggy or easier to use.

Many thanks!

fm22 1 (no coaching staff).PNG

fm22 2 (with coaching staff).PNG

fm22 3 No Competition.PNG

fm22 4 Competition.PNG

FM22 5 (New competition, limited options).PNG

FM22 6 (Existing ECC competition, lots of options).PNG

See the Filter dropdown box at the bottom left on your 1st screenshot? Open that menu and untick the option there.

It filters out all fields that don't have any data in, looks like that's your issue here. You can only see fields that already have data due to the filter.