Stuck on loading screen - Ubuntu Linux

Not sure if I'm here in the right forum but I can't create a topic in the "Crash, Technical and Performance Issues" section

I try to run FM24 (steam version) on Linux (Ubuntu 24.04) and whenever I start the game it gets stuck at the loading screen

I tried different proton versions mentioned on portonDB and the steps described on the help page for the steam deck where they mentioned to delete the preferences and caches folder. Any other suggestions on how I could try to run the game?

right now I have a denuvo cool down but I will try all your suggestions later on.

1 hour ago, Poison said:

Ubuntu Gnome here too, no issues whatsoever. Make sure the game is fully updated. I'm using Proton 8.0-5 if it helps.

Thx, I will try this proton version again.

I know that it should run with Ubuntu. I just have no idea why it would not run for me :(

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Gandandor said:

I have the same problem. When I try to run FM24 in the Steam version on Ubuntu 24.04 it gets stuck on the loading screen. Has anyone managed to solve this?

Might be because the new version of Ubuntu is still fresh (I personally haven't gotten the update yet), make sure everything (Ubuntu, Steam, FM) is fully updated. Also version of Proton 8.0-5 works like a charm at Ubuntu 22.04, so pick this version.

1 hour ago, Poison said:

Might be because the new version of Ubuntu is still fresh (I personally haven't gotten the update yet), make sure everything (Ubuntu, Steam, FM) is fully updated. Also version of Proton 8.0-5 works like a charm at Ubuntu 22.04, so pick this version.

Maybe you're right. I thought it could be a driver problem and I looked for updated drivers on the AMD website and there is no option for Ubuntu 24.04. Maybe the solution is to wait for a driver update to see if it solves the problem.