Leagues and Players Database Set Up

Hello.

I have just bought FM24.

I am including a screen shot of a set up I am considering for my long term save. I am doing a rebuild of Luton. I would be grateful for some help, and any constructive feedback. Thank You.

As well as doing my re build. I want the save to be sustainable and for a balance in overall transfers, clubs biding for my players, newgens and the occasional season where a wildcard does well in Europe or something. Plus I want to find those hidden gems.

I am playing on a M2 MacBook Pro.

Although it says computer performance is 5 stars, I am not sure how it will run in 10-15 seasons time. I have read various comments on forums and they have said they have run similar set up fine on a decent laptop. I have never done a save with as many leagues loaded.

I have a varied selection of leagues on playable such as the top UK and top European leagues, Scandinavia, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Russia, China, Australia, USA,  Japan, South Korea, Canada. Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Mexico,South Africa, and a few more. The the rest on view only.

In custom set up I haven’t tick players based in nation or of nationality. Other boxes I ticked for each continent.

I only have detail level on the leagues I want stats for.

The issue I have sometimes had in previous editions is selling deadwood, and even more so loaning out players.  In previous editions I have sold my better older players to USA, Canada, Australia, Russia.

Various content creators advocate different set ups, some say only load the nation you are playing in and load players via custom set up. This seems ok if you are a top European team and you won’t have a problem selling your superstars and wonder kids.

But for a club like Luton or lower league save you would surely need a variety of leagues loaded.

Club reputation and player reputation are going to influence how much interest you get in a player, how much you can sell them for, loaning them out, as well as the pulling power to bring players in.

Which brings me on to my final point which I may get a bit of hate for.

But I would be curious as to how Sports Interactive score player and club reputation overall.

When I think of teams like Preston, Coventry, Bolton and Ipswich, these are famous teams with a rich history but haven’t been in the top flight in a long time.

I can only speak for Luton as I know their history. This isn’t a whinge, its an observation, and maybe if some one could feedback how clean history is scored.

I do think Luton has been unfairly scouted/scored in previous editions and a bit still in this one. Although the youth and training has had an upgrade. And club rep is slightly higher due to the promotion.

Although It has been 30 years since we have been in the top flight. We do have a rich history.

We have won the League Cup as well as runners up, won the Simod Cup and runners up, Been FA Finalists, as well as a good history in the FA cup.

We took 30,000 fans to Wembley when we won the Football League Trophy.

We have a long history of producing talent.

Finally the Kenny has always been a fortress. Teams just don’t like playing there. I’m old enough to remember watching us on the plastic pitch, opposition can’t use that excuse anymore ! And we sure had a great team back then as well.

The likes of Dan Potts, Reece Burke, Cauley Woodrow were England youth. Cauley Woodrow has some previous Premier league experience as well as in Championship with Fulham. Their player rep seems a little low in my opinion.

I did sell Adebayo for £40 Million to Man Utd in the last edition. I had teams fighting over him.

I may get some hate for this last segment, but hopefully I will get more constructive feedback.

The point I am trying to make is how club/player rep is scored. I am curious on other peoples thoughts on club/Player rep and selling and loaning out players.

Thank You.

GameSetUp 1.jpeg

I have loaded all leagues as playable, plus all players via advanced setup (450.000+). Game runs fine in i7 8550U (not the ideal CPU, because is "Ultra Low Power") which is old. Otherwise, read here: