Scouting priorities

I am in control of all scouting responsibilities but every time i go to the scout priorities screen and check there is dozens and dozens of players being scouted for 2 matches rather than the 1 week scouting i have set up.

Does anyone know how to stop this, its driving me insane! i only have a few scouts and reports are taking forever because of this!

The parameters you set are applied only when you click "keep scouting" or ask for a scouting report. If they are doing an assignment as part of a focus I think there's some default behavior that has them set to watch a set amount of matches. It'll all clear out eventually. You can also reorder the list if there's someone you have to scout right away.

With that said, scouting doesn't seem to work very well, at least not the same as it did in FM23. It's kind of just there and your scouts may or may not find players depending on how good your team is or how interested a player is in joining your club.

Focuses exist to just recommend players. If there's no one to recommend, no one seemingly gets scouted. How they know who is interested or if they are good enough before being scouted is circular logic. But that's what we've been told based on bug reports of scouts twiddling their thumbs while on assignment. Its more of an issue if you're a top European club than anyone else.

On 30/03/2024 at 00:49, wazzaflow10 said:

The parameters you set are applied only when you click "keep scouting" or ask for a scouting report. If they are doing an assignment as part of a focus I think there's some default behavior that has them set to watch a set amount of matches. It'll all clear out eventually. You can also reorder the list if there's someone you have to scout right away.

With that said, scouting doesn't seem to work very well, at least not the same as it did in FM23. It's kind of just there and your scouts may or may not find players depending on how good your team is or how interested a player is in joining your club.

Focuses exist to just recommend players. If there's no one to recommend, no one seemingly gets scouted. How they know who is interested or if they are good enough before being scouted is circular logic. But that's what we've been told based on bug reports of scouts twiddling their thumbs while on assignment. Its more of an issue if you're a top European club than anyone else.

Thanks so much for your reply. I guess I will just have to keep regularly checking the priorities and cancelled the 2 match scouting 🙄