Help creating a tournament format

Hola folks!  I've been considering a retro update recently, but am now scratching my head with the editor as to how I can achieve the desired setup, so thought I'd ask here :)

Basically I want multiple groups of 5+ teams playing the first round, with the winners of each group then advancing into a knock out stage with each other, kind of like the World Cup really I guess!  I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but what's the best way to set this cometition up in the editor please?  Thanks for any input! :)

I want to recreate a cup from South America: Rio-São Paulo Cup. But I want two group stages with semis(no advantage to best placed team) and finals, and a Grand final only occuring if the winner in both phases are diferent. Failing that, a simple "group stage, then KO" with the final being two legs. 

15 horas atrás, MorrisseyMuse disse:

Olá pessoal! Tenho considerado uma atualização retro recentemente, mas agora estou coçando a cabeça com o editor para saber como posso obter a configuração desejada, então pensei em perguntar aqui:)

Basicamente, quero vários grupos de mais de 5 times jogando a primeira rodada, com os vencedores de cada grupo avançando uns com os outros para a fase eliminatória, mais ou menos como uma Copa do Mundo, eu acho! Tenho certeza de que estou pensando demais nisso, mas qual é a melhor maneira de configurar essa edição no editor, por favor? Obrigado por qualquer contribuição!:)

Let's make step boy step

First create a rule in editor

Edited by civilEN