Tactic based on killer balls (built around a creative passer)

Hey, I've been working for a tactic that I'd love to see in real life and is not necessarily a meta tactic in game.

I came up with a board that I'd like to share with you:

Spoiler

tactical-board.com-2.thumb.png.3d1649cf10cb43464941e137d940588b.png

I've got some questions to the more experienced managers:

1. first of all - in such set up I am thinking my 2 mids (or DMs?) (who are not drawn on the board) should be mostly hardworking powerhorses that would focus on winning the ball, recycling possession and get the ball further to the more creative players. This is kind of counterintuitive however to having the likes of Koopmeiners or Ederson because they are very well rounded so it feels bad to limit them so much.

Spoiler

Zrzutekranu2024-03-24o11_51_44.thumb.png.bac339e0edf40a869706a7a524c0a1df.png

Spoiler

Zrzutekranu2024-03-24o11_52_17.thumb.png.8de420548d80eae1daeb918d609db6ac.png

2. what roles would you give to players in such systems?

- I'd say number 9 should be an AF because he's got plenty of men behind him so he doesn't need to construct anything and could solely focus on scoring.

- both wingers I assume would be IFs - attack or support?

- what about number 10? Treq sounds a bit too aggressive, AP(s) perhaps with "tries killer balls" trait, high passing, flair and vision?

- Full backs I'm thinking should be WB(s) - support because this seems fairly aggressive already.

3. The thing I worry the most about is that in Italy a lot of teams play with 2 DMs so it might be really easy to mark my number 10 since he's going to be constantly in the same spot. I've been thinking of a tactic that employs a very creative player but instead a role that comes from a bit deeper to create a moment of surprise. I'm posting it below.

Spoiler

tactical-board.com-3.thumb.png.40b3717a188d3148f6d2c08249dcbf6a.png

1. I've got Giorgio Scalvini as a number 5 - a Libero on defense to provide some build up support and cover for number 8 and number 6. 

Spoiler

Zrzutekranu2024-03-24o12_04_08.thumb.png.701a8e0d79fcc1ced4cac5cc1314033b.png

2. My thinking is that number 8 would be a mezzala on attack, the most creative player.

Number 6 - CM(a) to provide SOME cover but also very adventurous. 

Number 9 an AF(a) to form an attacking 3 with 11 IF(a) and 6 CM(a)

Number 11 IF(a)

Not sure about Number 7 because I don't want him to run into Number 6 bombing forward. He could perhaps be an IF(s) or IW(s)?

Wingers 2 WB(s) or (d), winger 3 WB(a)

In both cases I'd like to play a higher line of defense with a little bit more of pressing. Counter attack but I am not sure whether to use Counter-press or not. It seems a good idea since we're pushing so much. I'd like to know your opinions because I'm not too experience with setting pressing.

I'm going to ask my players to work the ball in the box and play through balls.

Last question is about Number 9 - I've got Scamacca that I really like in real life but for the life of my I can't get him to work in any of previously used systems.

Spoiler

Zrzutekranu2024-03-24o12_11_14.thumb.png.a7a917924f0e7c5f8882b2ac5e58d377.png

It's so tempting to use him as a Target Man(a) but I don't have any other TMs in my squad so I don't want the boys to get used to playing with a tower upfront too much. Perhaps you could give me your thoughts on that too.

I know it's really long. I can't wait for your replies!

Is it a must for the passer to be a no 10?

If not I'd go with something like:

Regista

Bwm - car

Ifa            ifs

Af

And 2 aggressive wingbacks.

See if thats works and if your rest defence is okay, if not a change of roles/duties might be needed.