After winning the CL with PSG twice and absolutely dominating every competition I've decided to give myself a bit of a challenge. But it's been a little too much challenge to my liking.
I've started with Tottenham, but never got my tactic right. I've tried the 4231 and 4141. I've won the CL twice with the 4231 with PSG but I couldn't make the 4141 work.
I've watched a bunch of games on extended highlights, and the transition phase seems fine to me. Only a lot of longshots throwing too much attacks away. My attackers always have many options available so I don't understand.
My thought process on the roles:
SK - Hoping he pushes out of his box to stop some counter attacks over the top
CBW's - Pushing forward to give an extra outlet out wide
HB - Supporting the CB's
AP - playmaker
Mez - pushing forward to give an extra option
W - keeping the play wide, Son has PPM to cut inside though
IF - cutting inside and getting on the end of potential crosses from the left
AF - dunno, tried many things but nothing worked
- Shorter passing - keeping possession
- work ball into box - counter the longshots
- overlap - letting my CWB's overlap
- Lower tempo - giving my wingbacks time to get forward
- Higher d line - defenders aren't too fast but didn't want to grave myself in, got punished on counters sometimes but not too often