Chairperson / owner... the difference?

Haven't play fm for quite some yrs, and when I got back to fm24, I found that there's a new role in the board, namely owner. I thought I was ok in English, now I ain't so sure, coz I really dun grasp the difference between owner and chairperson... So who's the boss really? Who's making the ultimate decision when the situation demands it? Do I need both for a club or could I edit out either one? Thanks for answering my dumb question :)

In a number of cases these days the person who owns the club may have handed over the responsibility of the day to day running and leadership to another individual and so they're the chairperson. Functionally the chairperson may be responsible for in turn appointing directors and the structure of the club but could still be replaced by another individual of the owners choosing. In these setups the owner is typically then either the person who provides the funding for the club, or yields the financial rewards of any dividends taken out of the club. 

If a club is owned by a consortium structure as well usually one of the owners will the chairperson but the majority shareholder would likely be listed as the owner.