What would you do?

It is presason in 2041 and I am building my squad for the upcomming season. I have a few world class players that I need to decide if I am going to keep them or let them go. Since I'm having problems deciding what to do, I decided to ask the community here what they would do in my stead.

The first player I need to decide on is Lucas. 
image.thumb.png.0464f718a036cf6ca574637d64cb3379.png

Lucas is 30 on massive wages. He has one year left on his contract and is currently unwilling to negotiate a new contract because previous negotiations broke down. 
I want to keep him, but Real Madrid came in with an offer of 46,5 mill for him and he can become unsettled if I refuse them. Normaly I would let him go since he is my best paid player and getting on a bit, but the dilemma is in his personality.
I have a few high potential youngsters with poor personalities and this guy is a team leader with model citizen personality. He is the ideal mentor for them. That makes me want to keep him. However, I have another model citizen full back in Learte Capuchinho.

image.thumb.png.9f1c77db0d24f87ff470d90e120fcb7c.png

Capuchinho is 4 years younger and he just accepted a new 5 year deal. He is a highyl influential player, but is unlikely to make the step up to team leader if I decide to sell Lucas. He will be a very good mentor for the younger players, but not as good as Lucas.
With the new deal he earns less then half of what Lucas is on, but I do believe that I can get Lucas to sign a new contract on reduced wages. However if Lucas does become unsettled if I refuse Real then I risk losing Lucas on a free next summer.
Another factor is that Lucas is home grown at club while Capuchinho is not, but I do have enough home grown players so that I meet registration rules even if I sell Lucas.

What would you do if you where in my shoes?

Posted (edited)

I just signed a word class 21 year old striker with model citizen personality in Patrice Mbom.

image.png.845a998ebaed824e3ce47037c6bc72c2.png

I really did not need a striker but when this guy got transfer listed and I was able to buy him for just £63 million I had to sign him! The issue now is that I play a 4-4-2 narrow diamond and I now have 6 strikers competing for two spots. With the strikers I have I just can't give all of them the playing time they want, or need to develop, so I have to decide what I am going to do with my strike force.

Who would you sell and who would try to arrange a loan for?

The strikers are:

28 year old Ander Sesma. A world class player and club legend! He has two years left on his contract and he is one of the best paid players at the club. Since I am currently over my wage budget that is something I have to consider? 
Last season he scored 26 goals and had 16 assists in all comps. 
image.thumb.png.cfe996d170c247cfb6d390319c82a590.png

29 year old swedish striker Junior Ngah. Home grown in nation, model citizen and highly influential player. He got one year left on his £650k a month deal. If I renew the contract we probably need to increase his wages. He scored 13 goals and had 7 assist as the backup striker last season. 

image.thumb.png.6acdef2bf30f1ece1181384dc2cd7dcb.png

23 year old dutchman Dave van Diemen. A world class striker with 3 years left on his £498k a month contract. Resolute personality. Scored 23 and had 10 assists in all comps last season.

image.thumb.png.fd5e130235f866afe9ef194f3ea9ba9a.png

20 year old academy prospect Branislav Kozak with 4,5 star potential. Perfectionist personality. 11 goals in 12 starts (18 apps as a sub) last season. 1 assist. 

image.thumb.png.8b2566d02502dda9671fabb9537fd920.png

21 year old  brazilian wonderkid Lenilson. Like Kozak he is a perfectionist striker with 4.5 star potential. 

image.thumb.png.1e5c9fd24e41d02db8ab1092df56f239.png

What would you do? Would you sell Sesma to get rid of the wages? Would you arragne loans for Kozak or Lenilson or both? 

Edited by dieu

Your top guy is 30, 12 months left, won't sign a new contract and Madrid are offering good money. I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

On the strikers, with that amount of talent upfront, several of whom can play on the wing too, I'd be tempted to move to a 3-man attack. Otherwise I'd keep the Brazilian wonderkid striker because he's a Brazilian wonderkid striker and I'm a romantic, plus he likes to lob the keeper which is awesome. I'd sell the 29-yr old because he's not better the the kids and has less upside and higher wages.

BTW I had a mini-heart attack looking at your wages before I realised they were monthly. I'm used to weekly numbers :lol:!

Edited by NineCloudNine

26 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

Your top guy is 30, 12 months left, won't sign a new contract and Madrid are offering good money. I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

On the strikers, with that amount of talent upfront, several of whom can play on the wing too, I'd be tempted to move to a 3-man attack. Otherwise I'd keep the Brazilian wonderkid striker because he's a Brazilian wonderkid striker and I'm a romantic, plus he likes to lob the keeper which is awesome. I'd sell the 29-yr old because he's not better the the kids and has less upside and higher wages.

BTW I had a mini-heart attack looking at your wages before I realised they were monthly. I'm used to weekly numbers :lol:!

You do not put much stock in personality do you? :lol: 
Getting rid of two model citizens in one window.

6 hours ago, dieu said:

You do not put much stock in personality do you? :lol: 
Getting rid of two model citizens in one window.

I do, but not enough to pass up a big fee for a 30 year old who won’t re-sign :herman:!

And the other one has to give way to a Brazilian striker wonderkid who likes to lob the keeper because that’s just the way football has to be! :brock:

In the end I decided to cash in on Lucas as I could not risk losing him for nothing. 

With the strikers I noticed that Mbom could play as an AMC as well so in the end I decided to sell one of my AMC's instead and keep Ngah as backup for Sesma. That decision has been proven to be the correct one, since I got Ngah to sign a new contract that will keep him at the club for three more years with the same wage and his performance so far has been brilliant!
image.png.e8fcf8a7122fba09ac0bf7d716bcae5c.png

I also decided to keep both Lenilson and Kozak at the club and give them plenty of minutes as backup for Van Diemen. However events on deadline day is sure to sadden @NineCloudNine! AZ Alkmaar came in with a loan offer for Lenilson at the last minute and I decided to let him continue his development with them.

1 minute ago, dieu said:

However events on deadline day is sure to sadden @NineCloudNine! AZ Alkmaar came in with a loan offer for Lenilson at the last minute and I decided to let him continue his development with them.

There is a good heritage of Brazilian keeper-lobbing wonderkid strikers doing well in Netherlands (Romario, real Ronaldo) so this is acceptable :lol::brock:!

3 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

There is a good heritage of Brazilian keeper-lobbing wonderkid strikers doing well in Netherlands (Romario, real Ronaldo) so this is acceptable :lol::brock:!

I am glad you approve! He has since lobbed the keeper twice in three apps for AZ :brock: