Please help me i like how this plays in the match engine at the start and through pre season I got results but now I've lost 7 straight games be as brutal as possible it will only help me 

IMG-20240312-WA0001.jpg

3 hours ago, rossyk93 said:

Please help me i like how this plays in the match engine at the start and through pre season I got results but now I've lost 7 straight games be as brutal as possible it will only help me 

In a nut shell:

You are far too exposed at the back and especially down the flanks when you lose possession, especially with the high line. I guess you’re being hit by counters and long / through balls behind your defence.

Two IWBs and a Libero is over-thinking things. Either make one of the IWBs an IFB, or make the Libero a regular CB.

Personally I don’t like Poachers as lone strikers as they don’t move enough.

2 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

You are far too exposed at the back and especially down the flanks when you lose possession, especially with the high line. I guess you’re being hit by counters and long / through balls behind your defence.

Two IWBs and a Libero is over-thinking things. Either make one of the IWBs an IFB, or make the Libero a regular CB.

Personally I don’t like Poachers as lone strikers as they don’t move enough.

Does the Libero and 2 iwbs create a 2-3 build up?

Just now, Fmhud11 said:

Does the Libero and 2 iwbs create a 2-3 build up?

I think that’s the OP’s intention. But with two wingers and an attacking CM it means that on the ball he has four players high up the pitch, a clump of four in the middle, only two defenders and no-one protecting the flanks.

7 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

I think that’s the OP’s intention. But with two wingers and an attacking CM it means that on the ball he has four players high up the pitch, a clump of four in the middle, only two defenders and no-one protecting the flanks.

What would you recommend doing?

1 hour ago, rossyk93 said:

What would you recommend doing?

What I suggested in my first reply :).

Two IWBs and a Libero is over-thinking things. Either make one of the IWBs an IFB, or make the Libero a regular CB.

The advantage of using an IFB is that when they tuck in to make a three, they and the CB on the other side stay wide, effectively becoming WCBs. This is defensively solid.

For your striker a AF is never a bad choice. If you have a DLF their movement helps your IF. Depends where you want your main goal threat to come from.

Edited by NineCloudNine

32 minutes ago, NineCloudNine said:

The advantage of using an IFB is that when they tuck in to make a three, they and the CB on the other side stay wide, effectively becoming WCBs. This is defensively solid.

For your striker a AF is never a bad choice. If you have a DLF their movement helps your IF. Depends where you want your main goal threat to come from.

Thanks  I'll look into it 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb rossyk93:

Thanks  I'll look into it 

And check morale, talk to your players, if you lost 7 straight it’s a long way back even with tactical changes. 
Try to get more Defense solidity by following the advice given here. Switch from a 2-3 into a 3-2 rest Defense and plug a holding midfielder in, then look for ways to attack. 

On 15/03/2024 at 12:42, VilmaHuels said:

Replying for the updates.

It didn't work I got sacked but I don't think it was the fact the advice was poor I just think it didn't suit the team all the help was appreciated 

On 13/03/2024 at 10:19, NineCloudNine said:

I started a new save with the same team did what you suggested and I didn't win any of the first 7 games am I doing something completely wrong or what 

Several issues here. 

1. If you face a 533 or 4231 the flanks are prone to being wide open if the IWBs aren’t fast enough plus IFs will attack the central defenders directly. 

2. There is no hold duty in the dm tier and even though you may be using a Libero on support, each time he pushes up he leaves it open and you have something like four players moving up and down there.

3. If you turn the IWB to a wingback on support and the Libero is a defend duty you might get some stability at least the left flank isn’t nearly as open.