Issues with Custom USA Database

Reees

Two issues with custom database, and not quite sure where to start with potential fixes.

1) More important one, save file will crash when save reaches Nov 11 2024 (end of 2nd season). I've tested to see if it was just my save or PC, but it crashes for my friends too.

2) In USL Premiership, top 4 teams make playoff to decide league champion. It's a knockout stage but the matchups are always 1v2 and 3v4 instead of 1v4 and 2v3.

(fm24)_USL_PRO_REL.fmf

On 25/02/2024 at 19:19, Reees said:

Two issues with custom database, and not quite sure where to start with potential fixes.

1) More important one, save file will crash when save reaches Nov 11 2024 (end of 2nd season). I've tested to see if it was just my save or PC, but it crashes for my friends too.

2) In USL Premiership, top 4 teams make playoff to decide league champion. It's a knockout stage but the matchups are always 1v2 and 3v4 instead of 1v4 and 2v3.

(fm24)_USL_PRO_REL.fmf 44.37 kB · 1 download

Hi Reees, 

As a US Db editor, I think I can answer #1 for you. Unfortunately in lower league US dbs there is a magic CTD date - it's a code issue in the game and something we can't fix with the editor. If it's the same bug I have in mine, you should be able to quit your job, sim past the date, and start up again for another year (the CTD usually falls on the same week and day of the week every year - last year mine was the fourth monday in August, this year is the fourth wednesday in May). Not ideal, but keeps it from totally ending your saves. 

As for #2, you have to make a couple tweaks in the advanced rules for the stage. In the teams section of the stage change the seeding so it reflects their performance in the previous stage: 

Screenshot2024-02-27202723.png.9110fcbece1ec53afdcbe2f16b6f4ab3.png

Then, in the round general rules, use a seeded draw instead of a fixed draw:

Screenshot2024-02-27202932.png.7afcc54bb958fb74d65b69739c76d2ff.png

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I would also suggest making sure the highest seeded team gets to play at home if you want them to have home field advantage. 

Edited by nielsoncp

I haven't encountered the CTD date issue (yet) but 1 vs 4, 2 v 3 etc can be arranged with "team mappings from previous stage" in the stage, and then "cup tie mappings" in the round (use "fixed draw") - can give you complete control over who comes in where, who's hosting who, etc. If you look at my US file you can see how I've done it (might be easier to look at one of the simpler playoff setups like NISA)

Edited by themodelcitizen

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

I haven't encountered the CTD date issue (yet) but 1 vs 4, 2 v 3 etc can be arranged with "team mappings from previous stage" in the stage, and then "cup tie mappings" in the round (use "fixed draw") - can give you complete control over who comes in where, who's hosting who, etc. If you look at my US file you can see how I've done it (might be easier to look at one of the simpler playoff setups like NISA)

Apologies for asking a dumb question, but what does CTD stand for?  I'm working on a USA-based league and want to avoid pitfalls where I can.  Thanks!

CTD = Crash to Desktop. If it's repeated and you can't find a way to sim around it it kills your save - really unfortunate. I've had it with all the dbs I've made between 21-24, and I know others have had similar issues with US dbs - although modelcitizen gives me some hope. 

Edited by nielsoncp

1 hour ago, nielsoncp said:

CTD = Crash to Desktop. If it's repeated and you can't find a way to sim around it it kills your save - really unfortunate. I've had it with all the dbs I've made between 21-24, and I know others have had similar issues with US dbs - although modelcitizen gives me some hope. 

Thanks!  I'll continue to tinker with this as well and let folks know if I manage to find a way around it.