Does Creative Freedom has an impact on defending?

My question is wheter setting creative freedom also has an impact on the players positioning when defending. For example:

If i set creative freedom to High and pressing to 'all over', do players leave their position to cover players further away from their position if necessary? (Wing back tracks down midfielder on their respective side if my midfielder is out of position for example)

I think a lot of that is dependant on the skills and teamwork stats of your team. You tend to concede a lot more possession as you'll be taking on riskier passes etc in my experience,  it's risk/reward, so you may find players "gambling" and being out of position. Not sure if that's match engine interpretation of it, but that's my sense when I switch to expressive.

• SI Staff

The more freedom you give players the more they're likely to leave their positions and roam, this is obviously less likely for defenders - but if you have high creative freedom then its possible a ball playing defender might decide to take a chance and romp down the pitch with the ball etc. ... there are pros and cons to such things obviously, if your team are good players who are positionally strong and hard working them someone will likely cover his position, if not then it might leave a hole that the opposition can take advantage of.

PS - But mainly 'creative freedom' means the more advanced players - midfielders and attackers will sometimes go off-script from their roles and normal positions, wingbacks are the most likely defensive players to do this (basically think about the roles you've given players and you can probably ascertain fairly intuitively which will appreciate the freedom and use it to attack more than others).