Why does one of my leagues do this (two entries in Team League History)

I have promotion playoffs in a few of my leagues, and only one of them adds two separate League History entries each season - one for the regular league and another for the promotion playoffs. I have played with the "Store League History" checkbox in advanced rules (tried it on for the regular season and promotion playoffs, tried it off for both, tried it on for one and not the other) but I get this result regardless for this league. What do I need to change to just get one entry for the regular season? 

Ignore the league name it's not the Championship

prom pl.png

store lg history.png

records.png

Edited by underklassh3ro

36 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

How have you done the league history? At a guess I'd assume you've added stage instructions to add league history, but that's already done automatically anyway so it gets duplicated.

Currently I have 3 sets of rules (Y1, Y2, Y3, Y3) for this league which loop through every 3 years. 

For Y1 I have the league stage and promotion playoff both set to Store League History (like pictured above)

For Y2 only the league stage has this set, not the promotion playoff

For Y3 league stage and promotion playoff both do not have it set

However each produces the same result, separate league history entries for league stage and promotion playoff