Changing country's continent but their clubs did not enter continental competition

Uncle Top

Hi everybody. With the Asian Nations Cup progressing, I got the usual itch to start playing with Asian nations and starting with the strongest nation, Japan and work my way down there. Then I realised one of the previous champion was Israel, which won the competition in 1964. Politics aside, I switched Israel into continent of Asia without balancing the default number of nations in both confederation. However, I noticed while the national team start playing in AFC International Competition, the clubs never entered the Asian Champions League even after I simulated it over 7 seasons.

I then put Guam into Europe to reinstate the default number of nations in each confederation. While Guam clubs able to enter the UEFA competition after only 2 seasons, the Israeli clubs didn't enter the AFC competition. I prolonged the simulation to 4 seasons but the Israeli clubs never got the place. Here you can see there is no qualification places for Israeli team in Asia but Guam got the usual 1 Champions League and 2 Conference League place for a low coefficient nation in Europe. 

Anybody can help point me the right way? I was planning to try other "Asiatic" nations such as Kazakhstan, Papua New Guinea or even New Zealand and see how well they would fare in the Asian Nations Cup, but this issue did not help with my OCD haha. Appreciate if anyone could give your view, thanks very much!

Israel.thumb.PNG.acc1c36d8dde46130f30b9ae57367b80.PNGGuam.thumb.PNG.8a55f413a0b8b4f0dc36641bade40c78.PNG

Can't really be done. The Asian continental competitions are fixed to use certain countries and won't accept new ones. I'd assume it's because the East/West split is hardcoded somewhere and since new nations aren't assigned to either they don't get picked up, but that's just a guess. As far as I'm aware Europe is the only continent that automatically adjusts to include new nations in club continental competitions. Although with the new 2024 format it has a hard limit of 54 nations, so will only include replacements rather than additions.

To get other countries to play in Asian club competitions you either need to recreate the competitions from scratch (which would be a tonne of work and break dynamic reputation etc.) or force them in separately from the coefficient system, see here for an example of the latter:
https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/579620-fm24-russian-clubs-in-afc-champions-league/

Aww that's just unfortunate. But thanks so much for pointing me to the thread about Russian clubs, really provide some insight in some of the works that other esteemed members including you.

When members here mentioned "hardcoded", does that means it doesn't even appears to be edited in the resourve archiver?

45 minutes ago, Uncle Top said:

Aww that's just unfortunate. But thanks so much for pointing me to the thread about Russian clubs, really provide some insight in some of the works that other esteemed members including you.

When members here mentioned "hardcoded", does that means it doesn't even appears to be edited in the resourve archiver?

Yep, that's what I mean by hardcoded. Although again, that's just my assumption.