Changing club names in LNC weirdness (all of non big 3 Portugal shows only short name?)

nms1987

Hey all,

TLDR - Many cases of only Short Name Change being displayed when full name change should be displayed, I can't seem to figure it out. But it seems to happen ONLY in Portugal (except not to the Big 3) Any help appreciated.  I tested several situations, if you'd like to read on...

I'm using FM Scout FM24 Clubs Names as a base but trying to tweak it to be a little more to be perfect for me.  I like the flexibility lnc offers in this respect.  I created 2 small, simple saves to test the changes, both based in Portugal with top few leagues of Portugal, England, Brasil, Germany, Spain added with small database.

So, the entry in the FM Scout Clubs names lnc file has this Porto entry.

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE"    1478    "FC do Porto"    "" 
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE"    1478    "Porto"    ""

If I change club name to FCx do Porto and change short name to Portox and reload the game on the standings screen it reads Portox, and when I click on that "Portox" to pull up the club profile it reads FCx do Porto.  Ok, perfect.  As, it should be, correct?  

However, this is ONLY true of Porto, Sporting and Benfica.  If you edit the full and short names of (I think) any other team in Portugal (including the B teams of those Big 3) in the Clubs Names lnc file it will display ONLY the new short name at the top of the club profile where it should display the full name.

However, everything seems to work fine for larger and smaller teams in Spain, Brasil and England.  Arsenal, Forest Green, Palmeiras, Remo, Almeria, Amorebieta and Real Madrid were all tested as Porto was and all showed the correct, unique edits in the appropriate places for full and short names.

Additionally, if you take an existing entry in the lnc, and change just the short name for any non-big3 Portuguese club, and leave the full name as is, it will only show the newly edited short name where the full name should go.  Further, if you change just the full name in an existing entry in the lnc, and leave short name unchanged, it now shows the short name in the full name spot.

Also, if you take a club that has no entry at all in the lnc file (and presumably is using the default names from FM24) and add just a short name it shows this new short name in both short and full name spots.

If you take a club that has no entry in the lnc file and add just a full name it now shows the new full name in both full and short name spots.

If you take a club that has no entry in the lnc and add both a short and a full it only shows the short.

Actually, now that I look more I'm noticing that on I think every club it is now only showing the short name, even if I haven't changed anything for that club.  Again, only doing this in Portugal.  So, at some point, with all these edits and reloads I must have triggered something that made it do this???

I just created a new save, based in England, and it still shows the changes for English and Spanish teams and Portuguese big 3 teams correctly... but every other name in Portugal outside the big 3 is short name only...

I have turned off caching and simulated a few days ahead as well, as well as turning off my laptop and reloading FM fully.  I've had some mods (mostly Daveincid realism and related) installed in the past, but I actually completely uninstalled and deleted all FM24 data to see if I could replicate this from a clean install and sure enough it still happens.  The only mods I have done at this point is "FM24 Club Names by FM Scout" and "FM24 Fix by FM Scout", as well as deleting the default FM files they suggest.  The latter FM scout file edits league and award names, I seem to be able to edit those with no issue.

So, sorry this is long winded.  But I'm curious if anyone has any insight on why this would be happening.