FM Touch 24 Training?

Hi guys, hope you all had a good Christmas.

So I got my hands on this game and ice noticed a new feature the whole training has been completely changed, has anyone got any guides or good pointers with this new change?

Looking for some help if anyone can 

I also have been wondering this but I do not think there is a lot of advice out there for it yet. But here are a few things I have been doing. Take these with a grain of salt as I am only a season and a half in from a game I imported from FM23 on my Switch.

• During preseason, if you put the training to be handled by your assistant, they are able to have preseason training while you are unable to select this option normally. I am unsure if this is better than selecting to train physical (Or even anything else entirely).
  • For big games, I usually try to have big matches trained the week before and the week during.
  • Change the intensity schedule and adjust it according to your schedule congestion. I usually have 2 games a week, so I have from condition very poor to condition excellent None/Half/Half/Normal/Double but I would probably have this be more intense if I only had one game a week. Using this, I no longer have to manually send my players on vacation for a day after every game.
  • If you decide to let your assistant control it, I would say to keep an eye on what they decide to do. Especially during big game weeks. I once had my assistant choose to do physical training when we had a champions league knockout game and a game against a rival during the same week. I had to do a full rotation for the second game as I noticed it too late.

22 hours ago, DPM128 said:

I also have been wondering this but I do not think there is a lot of advice out there for it yet. But here are a few things I have been doing. Take these with a grain of salt as I am only a season and a half in from a game I imported from FM23 on my Switch.

• During preseason, if you put the training to be handled by your assistant, they are able to have preseason training while you are unable to select this option normally. I am unsure if this is better than selecting to train physical (Or even anything else entirely).
  • For big games, I usually try to have big matches trained the week before and the week during.
  • Change the intensity schedule and adjust it according to your schedule congestion. I usually have 2 games a week, so I have from condition very poor to condition excellent None/Half/Half/Normal/Double but I would probably have this be more intense if I only had one game a week. Using this, I no longer have to manually send my players on vacation for a day after every game.
  • If you decide to let your assistant control it, I would say to keep an eye on what they decide to do. Especially during big game weeks. I once had my assistant choose to do physical training when we had a champions league knockout game and a game against a rival during the same week. I had to do a full rotation for the second game as I noticed it too late.

I know on FM 23 touch you only had the types to pick and train and not change each week so its more in depth.

Is it usually best to control this one in FM24 touch? 

Only let assistant control pre season training only?

And which training type would you set through the weeks? Besides on the big matches? I know fm23 selecting balanced and just leaving it at that unless pre season go physical usually

• 4 weeks later...

Pre season, yes physical only.

I've stopped seeing a pre season prompt on the different types of intensity that used to be offered at the start of pre season (tactics, heavy, very heavy etc). I can't work out if that was between fm23 console and fm24 console :confused:

Get loads of friendlies in. Even play against your reserves. If you let the assistant arrange friendly matches (in staff responsibilities, last option in list for me), they'll usually get you a tour and try and book several in pre season. Just go in and manually book more friendlies. Maybe 6/7/8. Sounds a lot, but the idea is that your whole squad are getting fitness, not just the first team. Even players on the transfer list.

That is also great during the season because assistant manager will book friendlies outside of the reserve leagues. Can help keep your first team squad fitness up (but make sure they actually play).

On training, I'll rotate most apart from physical during the season. I try set pieces during weeks with cup games, as you would hope that includes penalties!! :D

Then just logically pick the rest depending who you are facing. Check the schedule and see when the tougher teams are, then go big match/defensive/tactical, maybe even posession or technical if you think you'll have more of the ball and will carve out more chances. Attacking when you are the favourites and should win.

You'll notice by rotating the training, if you check your players' information tabs, they should be positive to the type and variety of training sessions offered.

Edited by The phoenix from the flames
typos

Well I've noticed during most of my matches I do have a lot of the ball, abd my attacking is very good. So maybe tactic and technical and then big matches for big games? Rotate those 3 maybe?  And may add in defensive just to mix it up? 

Yeah so if you're going with a 6 pointer at top or bottom of league, big match is a good idea.

Just keep mixing it up. High tempo will tire the players faster, so when you're winning easy, just turn the tempo right down, more shorter passing,turn the counterpress down, play for set pieces, waste time on, pass into space off, low crosses to keep the ball.

Is just turning the tempo down a big thing for tiring them out or do all of them listed factor it too? 

I do get a lot of possession so would you say for training rotate defending/technical/tactical/big games (when its needed) do 1 week of each? 

13 hours ago, The phoenix from the flames said:

High tempo will tire the players faster, so when you're winning easy, just turn the tempo right down, more shorter passing,turn the counterpress down, play for set pieces, waste time on, pass into space off, low crosses to keep the ball.

Turning tempo down and all this other stuff should protect player conditioning. And you should keep the ball more at the same time because of shorter passing and ball retention.

If you are having more of the ball, you'll also see post match that opposition player conditions will be orange, red etc. They've had to chase after you more trying to get the ball back from you.

On training, sounds like you are doing the right things, you have good possession and creating lots of shooting chances/attacking. But yeah rotate as you say because there will be games where tactics, defending etc will be needed.

Ideally you would do more than one main training session focus in a week, but you can only choose one, do keep rotating the ones that are working.

If I'm honest I've left it up to my Assistant manager to deal with lol this is why I made the post to ask for some pointers.

If it makes much difference

Edited by iluke1992

Problem is, if assistant manager is doing the training, then you don't know what is being trained each week.

Also, they will set random individual retraining to your players. So retraining new positions etc etc in individual training.

Have a look at that. I had to change all of mine because assistant put players to random positions. Some were ok, but some weren't.

Training isn't as great as it was. Before, your assistant/coach would tell you if the retraining you were trying would work or not. So you knew if it was worth getting the player to 'move with ball down the right' for example.

Now you only have one staff member (assistant) and no feedback.