fed up with defending the crosses

Does anyone have any idea how to defend the crosses? In every game I am beaten by simple crosses, and head into the back of the net. Also, the crosses all look like they have already crossed the line but the referees still count that! How on earth that is?

Shall I get a better keeper? The current one is reflex 18, ariel 11, one on one 12. Or shall I send 10 defenders onto the pitch?

I am totally out of mind now.

Does anyone have any idea how to defend the crosses? In every game I am beaten by simple crosses, and head into the back of the net. Also, the crosses all look like they have already crossed the line but the referees still count that! How on earth that is?

Shall I get a better keeper? The current one is reflex 18, ariel 11, one on one 12. Or shall I send 10 defenders onto the pitch?

I am totally out of mind now.

Is it crosses or corners?

You'll need to look at your defence - are the players physical attributes good enough? Are their instructions correct? What are the mentalities, tight marking, man marking etc?

If it's corners, you need to have tall players with good heading, jumping, marking & positioning doing the man marking along with a player on each post.

Is it crosses or corners?

You'll need to look at your defence - are the players physical attributes good enough? Are their instructions correct? What are the mentalities, tight marking, man marking etc?

If it's corners, you need to have tall players with good heading, jumping, marking & positioning doing the man marking along with a player on each post.

Both in the crosses and corners.

I am in Coca-Cola League 2 now, I think my defenders are physically strong enough in this level, a guy with jumping 17 and another one with strength 14. I do all the tight markings and man marking so I hope they can mark all the guy coming into the box. Unfortunately that seems not work for me.

In the corner defending, I set all my tall centre backs do the man marking and my defensive midfielder standing at the post. But when the ball crosses in they almost lose their position all the time and give the attackers free headers!! Well it's league 2 so they can't score easy goals either:o The position of my defenders are all over 10.

The mentality of all my defenders are very defensive. I have no idea now.

Any suggestion? Cheers

Keepers almost never come out to pick crosses down, so you don't need someone there.

Might look into signing more defensive Fullbacks.

That's true. My keeper does not come out to get the ball. I don't use fullbacks because in low leagues the space left by the fullbacks are huge! My centre backs will never cover the space they left and concede cheap goal.

Perhaps I should get a goal keeper who can do some rush out.

Archived