Intra squad friendlies

For intra squad friendlies, how do you split you first team squad into two so that the first team players can play for the second x11 in the game.  I have tried dragging and droppong the player over into the 2nd x11 and it shows ineligble as already in the opposion 1st team squad.  Anyone any ideas?

Also tried moving 1st team players into U21's - this makes them unhappy but can be resolved by apologising to them then doing a quick pick this then splits them.  Only then you go to the match and find that it says certain players are illegible - appears not to work, unless there is a certain way of doing it that I am missing,.

Edited by wazza

1 hour ago, craiigman said:

There’s a news item that comes in that doesn’t require a response where you have a few options. Must admit I have missed it on all but 1 save. If you miss it, does seem like it’s completely random.

The only news item I saw was the one where you have to respond as below and when you mess around with it you cant get it to go as you want to as reasons explained in 1st post

Tony Walker_ Inbox.png

• 4 months later...
On 02/12/2023 at 23:25, wazza said:

The only news item I saw was the one where you have to respond as below and when you mess around with it you cant get it to go as you want to as reasons explained in 1st post

Tony Walker_ Inbox.png

did you manage to solve this? having the same problem now preseason.

Edited by brendonang