My first FM24 tactic: 4-2-3-1

Loved the thread! Congrats. Also i loved how Müller rose from the ashes under Flick back then :D

How do you like the idea of using an attack-duty AMC in order to encourage him more to explore that left channel? They still join transitions and build-up rather than acting like a CF. I guess you're utilizing an AM(sup) to achieve the 3-1-5-1, respectable :D

You're spot on... Flick got the best out of that Bayern team, experienced players and newbies alike.  Muller definitely regained his mojo in that side.

I think you're right, a more faithful recreation might look like this...

Screenshot2023-11-24at21_10_11.thumb.png.b508c65153549ba8d68631bff39d60b7.png

...but I'm not sure I have the right players at the moment (I experimented with a CF but my strikers are not Lewandowski!). It will be January soon and maybe I can find the right forward and AMC.  I haven't dipped my toes into the transfer market yet, any tips ppl?

On 24/11/2023 at 21:19, Silver Sweeper said:

You're spot on... Flick got the best out of that Bayern team, experienced players and newbies alike.  Muller definitely regained his mojo in that side.

I think you're right, a more faithful recreation might look like this...

Screenshot2023-11-24at21_10_11.thumb.png.b508c65153549ba8d68631bff39d60b7.png

...but I'm not sure I have the right players at the moment (I experimented with a CF but my strikers are not Lewandowski!). It will be January soon and maybe I can find the right forward and AMC.  I haven't dipped my toes into the transfer market yet, any tips ppl?

Tactic looks good man! have you tried a PF at all? Feel like it could work well

Edited by Twitch_TrZealousLive

1 hour ago, Twitch_TrZealousLive said:

Any personal instructions for the players at all? 

Only the ones I’ve listed on the tactic screenshots (on the AMC and RW) - I don’t like to use a lot of player instructions and the ones I do use are either situational or, as in the examples above, based on learning from repeated watching; for example I started instructing the inverted winger to “sit narrower” together with the “overlap right” team instruction because the wing back on that side was not getting as far forward as I would have liked.

it’s a matter of personal choice.  I find too many PI’s to be counterproductive, making  it harder to determine what makes the tactic work/not work.  I also like the way a players natural traits can alter the way a tactic plays in small nuanced ways (without PIs).  That said, I’d weLcome any suggestions for PI’s that may help improve the tactic.

Edited by Silver Sweeper

• 5 months later...

@Silver Sweeper Sorry for bumbing this topic, but I find the tactic very interesting!

• Did the tactic kept working for longer than 10 games?
  • Was your right flank with the WB-A & SV-A not too exposed at times?
  • Did the SV-A & IW-S occupy the same space too often?

• 3 weeks later...