Always concede as soon as we score

Hi all,

looking for some sage advice...

While my team is very good at going forward and scoring goals, as soon as we score, the very next play the opposition scores.  This isn't a one-off thing, it happens literally every game.

Formation and tactics attached.

Is there something fundamental that I'm missing?

Screenshot 2023-11-19 195222.png

Screenshot 2023-11-19 195250.png

Screenshot 2023-11-19 195258.png

Screenshot 2023-11-19 195311.png

Use a second more conservative formation for when leading is my suggestion. On an unrelated note, how do you overlap with one wide player? I have always been curious about this. Like are the forwards supposed to hold up ball or what? How does it work in- game?

For anyone who's interested in this post, I actually fixed the issue using all the data and insights from the Data Hub.

When I looked at what was happening with the defence and conceding, it came down to the wing-backs being too high up and the opposition exploiting my tactic of focusing the play down the wings.  

I tweaked the formation with the following:

• move the attacking wing-backs to be inline with the 2 CD's, to make a back four, but still have the attacking intent to overlap and push up
  • focus play through the middle (with the wing-backs making the overlaps)

Once I did this, and, as someone mentioned previously in the post, telling the team at least 2 times to 'Focus" after they have scored, we dramatically reduced the number of goals we were conceding.  You can see the difference in the 'Negatives' from the original formation screenshot to the new one.

Thanks to everyone who replied :thup:

New-Formation-1.png

New-Formation-2.png