Freekick& Penaltykick ability.

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, mungmengmung said:

Pls add adjust the ability value of free kicks and penalties in the edit function.

Version is iPadOS 16.6.1 (20G81)

Fair enough point - I'll add it to the list (its a lot more complicated than it might seem though, do bear in mind that these are not a single attribute and its the amalgamation of several to give that value).

On 2023. 11. 15. at 오후 12시 49분, Marc Vaughan said:

Fair enough point - I'll add it to the list (its a lot more complicated than it might seem though, do bear in mind that these are not a single attribute and its the amalgamation of several to give that value).

Wow! That's what I've been wanting since FMM2020. Thank you so much for finally adding it. You're the best!

@Marc Vaughan - While we are on this, something I'd love to see is the ability to develop/train these values over time. 

I understand the actual chance of success for pens or set pieces relies on a number of factors (I'm guessing that for pens it's things like shooting, age, pressure, etc), but there do seem to be distinct 0-20 values for penalties and set pieces in the database / save file. I think these are what's used for the star ratings in the penalty / set piece taker selection screens?

Anyway, these values never change over time (at least in FMM23, haven't checked in 24), meaning if that wonderkid has 2.5 stars for set pieces there is zero chance if him developing and one day rivaling James Ward-Prowse. The wonderkid will retire 15 years later, still with 2.5 stars. While the only player whose going to have 5 stars is James Ward-Prowse and his regen (there could be a couple of other players with 5 stars to be fair, but not many and they are all older). 

It IS great for identifying regens. 😀 

But what would be truly great would be the ability for players to train this value or even just naturally develop it over time. I know that will make balance a lot harder, but I think it would make for a richer game. 🤞

• SI Staff
10 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

@Marc Vaughan - While we are on this, something I'd love to see is the ability to develop/train these values over time. 

Sounds sensible - one thing which I'm considering is allowing training/influence on PPM's directly also .. so this would probably 'fit' into this somewhat.