Scouting Question

Hey, guys, I thought I'd have a go at taking control of scouting...so I went about setting up some areas of recruitment focus, including some European countries and competitions. However, when i look at the "scouting coverage" map, it doesn't really correspond to the areas of the world I'd expect to see scouted. For example, I sent a scout to France and Italy. On the map, this doesn't show, while other areas fill in orange fine. Am I not understanding the mechanics?

Kind regards.

Grant.

So your staff have their own "world knowledge". Usually of countries they are from, or where they were recently employed. That will show itself in the world map. It will take a long time for your scouts to gain knowledge of countries you send them to, but eventually you will see the knowledge of those countries increase on that map.

I think this is a bug which I have reported on the bug tracker.

You can see where your scouts are region scouting but not where they are nation scouting.

Was actually surprised how much this hindered me as keeping track of 15-16 scouts is actually a bit of work and the world map page was more useful than I thougt!

THank you for responding, guys! I realise that FM is a very complex beast. This doesn't feel altogether immersion breaking for me, I simply thought I wasn't understanding the nuances couting. Cheers!

Edited by Cowboy71