[Accessibility] Please add option for colorblind users.

Hello,

First of all, I want to express my gratitude for adding the colorblind mode to FM23. However, I'd like to make a suggestion to improve the gaming experience for colorblind individuals.

One of the most challenging situations for colorblind players is the need to distinguish subtle color differences when acquiring information in the game. Since FM is data-driven, accurate information is crucial. The main issue is when information is solely conveyed through colors.

For example, in the "Scout Report," numerical values representing a player's strengths and weaknesses are conveyed through colors. The intensity of green and red colors is used to indicate these values, but it can be challenging for colorblind users to discern these differences.

image.png.4236dd184058d579bbe43cca8c930d3a.png

image.png.ae2c90da1e7752bf8c94fc7959f1c88a.png

While the colorblind mode does help address this problem, setting it to a high intensity can distort other aspects of the game, such as club logos or national flags, causing confusion for many users.

I would appreciate it if FM could add a feature in the skin color settings to address color visibility issues. For example, if an option were added to customize or change the colors used in the "Scout Report," users could receive reports in their preferred colors, reducing confusion for colorblind users.

002589_1109.thumb.png.14f90cf67449233b24cd4876cca11510.png

It's worth noting that approximately 8% of men worldwide have some form of color vision deficiency. Therefore, if this proposed change could be implemented in the game, it would be highly beneficial to many users.

I kindly request that you relay this suggestion to the development team. I would be thrilled if this proposed change could be implemented in the game.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a great day.

Edited by dosh

• dosh changed the title to [Accessibility] Please add option for colorblind users.
  • 3 months later...