FM24 - European seedings - teams/ranking numbers not matching

keon

Hi all,

I'm looking to create different formats of the European Champions League which iterate through every few years, including adding more teams into the group stage via the seedings system.

I've used @V2023 file as a base to try and create the seeding system used by the game. I'm not amending any of the format yet, just trying to get a seeding system created by myself to work. I know you can use the base seeding but if I want to expand the competition in the future and change the seedings, I need to set up a manual system.

I've copied the seedings from the actual competition page within the editor for the Champions League (looking at the registered teams section and mirroring this in the seedings) but it comes up with this error:

image.png.3af2612982177bd0cc8ad188aeb719c6.png

I'm not an expert on rankings but I haven't changed anything in the Champions League competition, only added seedings so it has to be incorrect in that area but I can't seem to work out what's going on, does anyone have any idea please? Any help would be appreciated.

Rusty mentioned to me that there is a new feature in the FM24 editor called 'Alternative Qualification Rules' which may be able to be used to achieve what I want in the future but I tried messing around with it to no avail, here is the screen in the editor for anyone interested:

image.png.18fe904809ab52291b54bf4b45723cf3.png

I've attached the fmf file I'm using with the seedings which is coming up with the error in the first screenshot.

Thank you!

2024 European formats removed - seedings added.fmf