Starting off

One hell of a keeper

Evening all

My aim is to try and create a Touch skin for FM24 using the colorways and design of FM Touch from 2017 & 2018 versions. 

What would be the best way to start off?.... Extract both versions skins into folders etc and then try to copy bits over bit by bit?

Any guidance appreciated! 

Take it step by step, start with the background, then add the titlebar, then the sidebar and so on.

Inherently skinning hasn't changed in years so most graphics and stuff should copy over, panels might need a bit of tweaking however

34 minutes ago, TCSSkin said:

Take it step by step, start with the background, then add the titlebar, then the sidebar and so on.

Inherently skinning hasn't changed in years so most graphics and stuff should copy over, panels might need a bit of tweaking however

Thanks bud, will install the resource archiver for both 17&18 and then extract everything.

Ok so following on from Michael Murrays useful post about extracting default files I came across this...

image.thumb.png.0678b0e4affd7ba575f3dd8aaab54331.png

So i navigated to Extract Archive found the skins folder and exported to a working folder! 

Which gave me an output of 

image.png.7f1835c5a07e42d656f01127300ead1e.png

The fmc dark version is the one I quite starting off with so I can put the rest to the side for now. 

Inside this folder fmc dark there is not much just a settings folder and then a skin_config xml

dark-widgets folder is a bit more interesting with some fonts, graphics and settings folders. 

Would i start off with the background folder as you suggested previous and copy over onto an extracted default skin for FM24?

So I've managed to copy the files over and then made sure that they are also consistent with xmls names and skin names folders etc. It shows up in FM24 but thwn i try and load it indo the game it just hangs on loading. should i take out bits amd then add back in bit by bit?