Amending a competition for a future date - extra teams added

keon

Hi,

What I'm trying to do is amend the Premiership on a future date to move from 20 teams to 22 teams.

So for example, what I'm thinking is, 2030-2031 season, the Premiership increases from 20 teams to 22. Only 1 team gets relegated in 2029-2030 to the Champ and 3 teams still come up from the Championship.

Not sure how viable this is? I've tried playing around by copying the Premiership and Championship as separate competitions and setting 'offset year start/end' to match after amending the number of teams/relegation numbers but it just doesn't seem to like it, it comes up with the following error:

image.png.2e3d50238a745353711babed3117e665.png

Any help would be great on this!

Also, a more ambitious move, I was wondering if it was possible to create a relegation play off between the Prem and Champ which would be 17th (assuming a 20 team division as it is currently) vs. the Champ play off final losers. This feels a bit of a long shot but again, any help or idea if it's even possible would be great!

Thanks for any help provided!

Thanks for that.

I actually forgot to post but I realised that it was because of the promotion/relegation tab not accounting for the extra two teams. Added that in and it's working!

I know the playoff relegation thing is definitely possible but not sure if it's possible to choose the Champ play off final loser specifically, or do you think you have a solution for that particular case on your file?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, keon said:

Thanks for that.

I actually forgot to post but I realised that it was because of the promotion/relegation tab not accounting for the extra two teams. Added that in and it's working!

I know the playoff relegation thing is definitely possible but not sure if it's possible to choose the Champ play off final loser specifically, or do you think you have a solution for that particular case on your file?

Thanks!

Yeah, under the Championship playoff there will be stuff under "fate actions" about the winner getting promoted etc. You can just add a fate action for the final "losing team", to advance to the pro/rel playoff (set up as a new stage in either the Prem or the Championship). For that extra pro/rel playoff you could add the Championship playoff under "requirements" so it doesn't draw until that's done