Do technical attributes develop more in FM24 than in FM23?

I've enjoyed my save in FM23 but after 5 or so seasons I've noticed some peculiar things happen or (not happening), I've been having difficulty developing certain technical attributes - tackling, crossing and handling for the most part.

Here is a player I've been developing, I started retraining him at around 15 years old and I really wanted to get his tackling up and I assumed his crossing would also rise substantially.

image.thumb.png.978bba337d6ef123f71fd8f739d06766.png

This is what actually happened though after training him as Wingback on defend in a defensive unit:-

image.thumb.png.aadfb7883e625566d5d9492512f8ac97.pngYou can see his tackling and crossing barely rose in comparison to all the other attributes he was training in.

This is just one example of certain technical attributes not developing as well as I believe they should but I have many other players which show similar results of not developing appropriately.

I'd raise my concern in the bugs tracker but I'm a bit late to the party with FM23, so my question is does anyone know if these matters have been improved upon for the release of FM24? 

Any information people can provide would be much appreciated as I'd really love to continue on my player development save.

1 hour ago, Kuchiki said:

I've enjoyed my save in FM23 but after 5 or so seasons I've noticed some peculiar things happen or (not happening), I've been having difficulty developing certain technical attributes - tackling, crossing and handling for the most part.

Here is a player I've been developing, I started retraining him at around 15 years old and I really wanted to get his tackling up and I assumed his crossing would also rise substantially.

image.thumb.png.978bba337d6ef123f71fd8f739d06766.png

This is what actually happened though after training him as Wingback on defend in a defensive unit:-

image.thumb.png.aadfb7883e625566d5d9492512f8ac97.pngYou can see his tackling and crossing barely rose in comparison to all the other attributes he was training in.

This is just one example of certain technical attributes not developing as well as I believe they should but I have many other players which show similar results of not developing appropriately.

I'd raise my concern in the bugs tracker but I'm a bit late to the party with FM23, so my question is does anyone know if these matters have been improved upon for the release of FM24? 

Any information people can provide would be much appreciated as I'd really love to continue on my player development save.

What training schedules do you use? Tackling is always going to be a bit tougher since there's not an individualized training for it. 

Bit of a mixed bag really for the first two-three years I let the assistant handle much of it then switched to bustthenets complete training schedule. I add and remove parts here and there whenever I felt it necessary, tbh I don't feel it's an issue with the training schedule.

What does your training look like?

Check out this analysis by Evidence Based Football Manager: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm9wtlofuwlhf5m/Training 7 for Dropbox.xlsx?dl=0

He did very in depth experiments and tested various elements of training in FM, highly recommend them, to create your own schedules: https://www.youtube.com/@ebfm/videos

Some combination of Physical, Attacking, Match Practice and Individual Crossing or so should give you the optimal growth for these attributes

Is there a written/ document version of Evidence Based FM's analysis, or a written guide? Training advice is a bit hard to come by for FM23 (that isn't videos anyway, and I prefer reading/skimming!).

And how do you get the numbers on the attributes screen to show how much they've improved? All I've ever seen are the arrows.

Edited by AndrikoDS

7 minutes ago, AndrikoDS said:

Is there a written/ document version of Evidence Based FM's analysis, or a written guide? Training advice is a bit hard to come by for FM23 (that isn't videos anyway, and I prefer reading/skimming!).

And how do you get the numbers on the attributes screen to show how much they've improved? All I've ever seen are the arrows.

His videos have spreadsheets. You can use those and maybe skim through his videos when needed.

To see the progress go to development > Progress and pick a larger time frame, when the change is >1 you should see numbers. (An attribute might change from 12 to 13 without it, but that's because it actually changed from like 12.8 to 13.0 or so, I think the calculation in the background uses 100 or 200 as max value, not 0-20 as you see in game)

I'm familiar with evidence based training schedules, he shows you can get great results developing the total amount of attributes, but I haven't seen results that show the ability to develop tackling or crossing at the same rate as some of the others. From what I see physical and mental attributes grow much more than technicals which can be rather stunted.

What I'd really like to know is if anything has changed from fm23 to fm24?

Edited by Kuchiki

20 hours ago, chewbaccaloveaddiction said:

Look at the spreadsheet I've posted. If you only do eg attacking training, crossing will grow significantly. If you combine that with individual training, you should see results in fm23.

I've created bespoke training schedules using the spreadsheet you provided so I'll test that out for a year to see how I get on and report back (probably take me two weeks for an entire season)

I do still think it's an issue however that the default training doesn't balance attribute growth effectively.