Team Selection For Club Continental Cup

CroissantEater6

Hello, I would like to create a cup in which Arab clubs that did not qualify for their respective Asian and African continental tournaments will participate in this tournament.  I find it difficult to add the best or 2 best teams that did not qualify for example for the CAF Champions League and the CAF Confederation Cup.

Tournament: Arab Confederation Cup

This is how I want my tournament to go:

22 Arab countries 

32 clubs 

2 clubs from the top 10 leagues 

1 club from the rest 12 leagues 

For example, in the Algerian league: 

1st - CAF Champions League

2nd - CAF Champions League 

3rd- CAF Confederation Cup

4th- CAF Confederation Cup or Arab Confederation Cup (Depending on the winner of the Algerian cup) 

5th- Arab Confederation Cup

6th- Arab Confederation Cup  (Depending on the winner of the Algerian cup) 

Edited by CroissantEater6

Put an entry at the top of the "teams" list telling it to "ignore teams" of the "get best teams in competition" for the tournaments you want to avoid (as long as they've already started for the season - i.e., have an earlier setup date than your tournament - this should work)

11 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Put an entry at the top of the "teams" list telling it to "ignore teams" of the "get best teams in competition" for the tournaments you want to avoid (as long as they've already started for the season - i.e., have an earlier setup date than your tournament - this should work)

Thank you for your reply.

I tested with 4 Arab leagues in Africa (Tunisia, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria). 2 teams from each league will be selected for the group stage (Stage 0). 

1. I put the setup date to September 1st. The African continental competitions have a setup date in July. 

image.png.6383b262a950dd1f6e3d4c05f17f0031.png

2. I added the following in Qualified Teams: 

image.png.49c58b6925d30c8a08a3a6cd38564db4.png

However, it always selects the league champion and runner-up from the previous season.  I tried to simulate the next edition of the tournament but the champion and runner-up are still selected.

3. I added an entry ''get best teams from division'' and I have got this: 

image.png.948bdc761a95828dbc5aeccf9dc68926.png

Edited by CroissantEater6

Ah, that method will only work if you call all the teams using that "teams" list, you can't exactly use the traditional continental qualifying set-up but this will function the same way.

The game will treat it as a list from top-down, so it will go through the "ignore teams" instruction, and then under that you should have something like "get best teams in division" from Algeria with "maximum teams" 2. Normally, it would call the winner and runner-up, but since you've told it to ignore all active teams in the continental comps, it will go down the list and get the next best teams instead.

If you're calling all the teams that way in "qualified teams", then in the stage you're just using an option like "lowest seeded qualified teams", it should take care of the squad registration issue. If not, you may need to play with whatever fixture rules you have set up

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Ah, that method will only work if you call all the teams using that "teams" list, you can't exactly use the traditional continental qualifying set-up but this will function the same way.

The game will treat it as a list from top-down, so it will go through the "ignore teams" instruction, and then under that you should have something like "get best teams in division" from Algeria with "maximum teams" 2. Normally, it would call the winner and runner-up, but since you've told it to ignore all active teams in the continental comps, it will go down the list and get the next best teams instead.

If you're calling all the teams that way in "qualified teams", then in the stage you're just using an option like "lowest seeded qualified teams", it should take care of the squad registration issue. If not, you may need to play with whatever fixture rules you have set up

So,

I call all the teams in The African Champions League 

I call all the teams in The African Confederation Cup 

I ignore the best teams in The African Champions League 

I ignore the best teams in The African Confederation Cup 

I get the best teams from Division, Algeria, 2  (should I add the league too or only the Nation?) 

I get the best teams from Division, Morocco, 2

I get the best teams from Division, Tunisia, 2

I get the best teams from Division, Egypt, 2

I would specify the division instead of the nation, because the instruction itself is "from division", but nation might work too

And as for your top two instructions, I don't think you need those. You can just use "ignore teams", why would you call them all in the first place

Edited by themodelcitizen

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

I would specify the division instead of the nation, because the instruction itself is "from division", but nation might work too

And as for your top two instructions, I don't think you need those. You can just use "ignore teams", why would you call them all in the first place

Alright, thank you very much.