Things that "work" in FM 2023

Hi Team

Just starting my first save in FM 23. What are some tips or better...what are some thing you've noticed that work generally in 23? I like to create tactics from the scratch but at the same time do not want to waste too much time getting frustrated. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Hi Team

Just starting my first save in FM 23. What are some tips or better...what are some thing you've noticed that work generally in 23? I like to create tactics from the scratch but at the same time do not want to waste too much time getting frustrated. 

Thank you!

More flexibility on what works this year, low/mid blocks were difficult to pull off in previous iterations. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you can make most things work w/a bit of tinkering. Making sure you have width + are a threat to the opposition are the two big check marks I'd check for any tactic I was building from scratch. 

On 03/09/2023 at 22:44, Al Bundy said:

Hi Team

Thank you!

High press, high tempo and shorter passing. High press even works with really well with very low defensive line for some reason.

If you don't have time to use x amount of hours making and testing tactics, just go for a gegenpress variant.