Player Instructions

Hi everyone,

How can I determine if Take More Risks and Dribble More PIs work in a particular position through stats? I’m not speaking about a single match but for several matches.

Maybe @Jack Joyce can explain us what each instruction do in the match engine and then how we can determine if they work as expected or not from our players.

Edited by dzek

6 hours ago, Rashidi said:

What’s ur definition of “work”?

If I give a player the instruction to Dribble More or Take More Risks or both, they're going to do something different than what they would do without them, right? How can I see this change through the game stats?

Edited by dzek

In a nutshell there is no stat in the game that will  correlate directly to a player instruction. All player instructions are meant to be a tendency to do something. So if one were to extrapolate that certain actions are more likely to happen with some player instructions, stats would only give us a vague indication. To make things even more challenging for something  like that to work consistently the fact that players have traits and different teams use different tactics just makes the whole exercise of looking for a direct correlation moot.

You might see a player with more risks have a lower pass completion number against a defensive 532 if you were playing an attacking 433 in one game and in another he could be giving you better open play key passes.  A player with great dribbling and first touch may also use the “take more risks” instruction and if played on higher mentality get fouled a lot more.

So while it’s possible to use stats in game, one would need a fundamental working knowledge of those stats and what to look for under different conditions.  These also include your team/player instructions and roles/duties selected.