Players Star Rating

From my experience, the player attributes are not necessarily directly correlated to the star ratings. The star ratings have more to do with the player’s CA and PA.

if you rank the team by CA, mbappe and haaland will always come up top, but they do not necessarily have the best attributes.

This also applies to regens. Regens of the likes of messi, CR7 will eventually come up top. Because they have the highest PA.

In your case. I’d say godfrey could be Trent regen, while putz could be someone like maguire regen.

• SI Staff

The rating difference are probably at least partially down to the players difference in physique tbh - the second player has near perfect pace, stamina, strength and reasonable (if a tad lower than I'd prefer for a DC) aerial ability ... the other chap is lacking a LOT in aerial ability (especially for any central role) and also a little lacking in pace for a top player if you're considering a wider position.

This is especially important when you consider the first player is 19 so likely to still improve in these areas more than the other player (who is 23 and probably won't improve hugely more).

Both are quality players imho - but I'd expect you're a fair ways into the game and Luton are a fairly large club now, meaning that a player being 'continental' class isn't considered 5* any more for you and only truly world class potential/ability players cut that?