AI activity - database settings.

Im in season 11 of my long term Vanarama to prem longterm save and halfway through my 2nd in the prem.

After surviving last year, I realised a lot of deadwood had to be cleared out. Players who did a good job in the championship but couldnt handle the step up. Which actually proved to be more of a challenge than surviving in the PL. Every player I sold I ended up selling for at most 10-30% of their market value, because otherwise the AI would litterally not bid. And its not like these were scrubs. One of them was a 2x golden boot in the championship on league 1 wages.... Constantly "as things stands no club bla bla bla"

Now offcours, there are a lot of variables. Age, wage, contract length, etc... (also did a little test and bid half the asking price on a transferlisted player, they didnt accept it, surprise). But then I looked back at all my transfers throughout the years (so over a 100 outgoing) and realised that i only needed 4 fingers to count the transfers where the AI actually made the first move and wanted a player of me, despite us overperforming regulary. I needed a lot more fingers to count on how many occassions I just had to let a player expire on his contract. Its not like the players werent wanted. Lots of them were according to the icon, but bids never came in. Most tragic was probably Enock Asante. An absolute beast in VNS and VNL with almost a 100 goals in 3 seasons but he didnt really make the cut for league 2. I had to loan him out for 2 seasons to recoup something of his wage before he left on a free.

On a discord somebody posed this might due to game setup: I had selected a large amount of players (custom, around 110k players), but only top 5 leagues active + braziland rest of uk and then smaller leagues like belgium/Netherlands/portugal on view only. As its not the amount of players that slows down a game, but mostly the number of fixtures

So im throwing this out to get some feedback. Is the above true? Is it not? Whats the best setup then for long term saves? What else could be the cause of low AI activity?

thnx for the feedback

On 15/07/2023 at 18:32, eXistenZ said:

Im in season 11 of my long term Vanarama to prem longterm save and halfway through my 2nd in the prem.

After surviving last year, I realised a lot of deadwood had to be cleared out. Players who did a good job in the championship but couldnt handle the step up. Which actually proved to be more of a challenge than surviving in the PL. Every player I sold I ended up selling for at most 10-30% of their market value, because otherwise the AI would litterally not bid. And its not like these were scrubs. One of them was a 2x golden boot in the championship on league 1 wages.... Constantly "as things stands no club bla bla bla"

Now offcours, there are a lot of variables. Age, wage, contract length, etc... (also did a little test and bid half the asking price on a transferlisted player, they didnt accept it, surprise). But then I looked back at all my transfers throughout the years (so over a 100 outgoing) and realised that i only needed 4 fingers to count the transfers where the AI actually made the first move and wanted a player of me, despite us overperforming regulary. I needed a lot more fingers to count on how many occassions I just had to let a player expire on his contract. Its not like the players werent wanted. Lots of them were according to the icon, but bids never came in. Most tragic was probably Enock Asante. An absolute beast in VNS and VNL with almost a 100 goals in 3 seasons but he didnt really make the cut for league 2. I had to loan him out for 2 seasons to recoup something of his wage before he left on a free.

On a discord somebody posed this might due to game setup: I had selected a large amount of players (custom, around 110k players), but only top 5 leagues active + braziland rest of uk and then smaller leagues like belgium/Netherlands/portugal on view only. As its not the amount of players that slows down a game, but mostly the number of fixtures

So im throwing this out to get some feedback. Is the above true? Is it not? Whats the best setup then for long term saves? What else could be the cause of low AI activity?

thnx for the feedback

Everything I've ever read about this is you have too many players in the database for the number of leagues loaded. I also think having leagues on view only also reduces the activity compared to playable. Thankfully you can add leagues or make them playable mid save now. It'll slow down the game a bit I think since it has to process the extra leagues but it'll solve the too many players problem. If you leave the detail settings on none for every league/cup but the one you're in that should be fine as long as the league is playable. 

I think the best person to directly ask would be Daveincid. He's got a megathread about how to set up games somewhere in the forum.