Why do these instructions produce so many injuries?

I started a bunch of saves with Juventus, using different tactics, always balanced mentality and fluid/very fluid shape, trying to fit tactics to the PPM's (e.g., both Cuadrado and Danilo have the "cuts inside" PPM, don't hold position and act like a sort of "wide deep lying playmaker", so I use them as FB Support + take more risks + get further forward.)

During pre-season, I always opt for a heavy training and play 4-5 friendlies, once a week. During the season, I tend to follow my assistant's advice, unless I have specific reasons to do otherwise.

As for coaching categories, I have them all covered by at least two coaches (= low workload) with 4+ stars on each category.

I add or remove a couple of instructions depending on the opponents (e.g. trap outside yes/no, block crosses yes/no).

I didn't have so many problems until the last update; since then, I got an average of one match injury, every single match. If I'm lucky, they're minor injuries, but for instance in one save (that I immediately trashed!) I got Kostic out for 4 months after the first friendly and Cuadrado out for 2 months after the second.

Match injuries usually involve wide players. The (not-so) occasional training injuries are a bit more balanced, but for instance I don't remember having injured central defenders, despite the fact that they end every match with very poor condition.

The intensity level is in the reddish area, but it isn't comparable to that of gegenpress or of any of the more attacking mentalities. "Stay on feet" and "slow pace down" (GK instruction) don't seem to make any difference, I mean, they reduce intensity but not injuries.

Any suggestions?

tactics.jpg

They're not the fittest athletes in the history of football, but they're all professional (personality), have no recurring injuries (except for Danilo) and, as I wrote, the whole thing escalated after the latest update.

When I first came up with these instructions, I had started a career with the update where Juve had 15 points deducted and we had an almost perfect start of the season, something like 13 W and 1 D. I liked my tactics also because my matches were fun to watch and the team was fun to manage: they reacted to my shouts and tactical variations, they won the matches they were supposed to win with little effort, they lost the matches they were supposed to lose (CL against Man City, IIRC) with little drama, they gave their everything against rival teams...  Then I saw another update, saw that Juve had no points deducted, started a new career, did the exact same things, and it all went to hell... multiple times...

Very interesting!

I have a different opinion: I think there are not enough injuries in the game.

But I share your experience, that central defenders are never injured. In my current save (second season, November) and current season no central defender and no defensive midfielder has been injured. From my central midfielders only one Player once.

I didn't think much about it, but after writing it down, it sounds a bit strange.

Although I read that sports injuries are falling IRL, I agree there are not enough injuries in the game. My sports scientist always tell me that "injuries rate is decreased by XX%", but I often top the injury table, so it's very specific to my team / tactics / players / coaches / training.