Any advice on how to prolong the scoring streak?

Every FM, when I get a tactic working well I always notice that we eventually start scoring 3 goals in a game. From then on each game we start scoring less and less:

image.png.b0463b29819e210399270c5739d32848.png

What exactly are these teams doing as I'm gaining form? Preston was only just relegated from the Championship. Both my goals were lucky but from Chesterfield down we start running out of goals. Chesterfield were mid table, Exeter & Shrewsbury are bottom of the table. MK Dons are in the league below yet we created hardly anything.

Here is the tactic after recent help on the forums:

image.png.7bcfc33053da0a760ac90e959d0116a4.png

Depending on how the game is going, I may change the LOE and DL up 1 or 2 together and sometimes I might have the DLF on Attack and try playing passes into space if they are committing their FB's/WB's forward leaving a possible 3v2 or 2v2.

Do you have some suggestions for this? I know that streaks end but I would like some ideas to try and resist the drop to zero goals.

3 hours ago, djpdavey said:

Every FM, when I get a tactic working well I always notice that we eventually start scoring 3 goals in a game. From then on each game we start scoring less and less:

image.png.b0463b29819e210399270c5739d32848.png

What exactly are these teams doing as I'm gaining form? Preston was only just relegated from the Championship. Both my goals were lucky but from Chesterfield down we start running out of goals. Chesterfield were mid table, Exeter & Shrewsbury are bottom of the table. MK Dons are in the league below yet we created hardly anything.

Here is the tactic after recent help on the forums:

image.png.7bcfc33053da0a760ac90e959d0116a4.png

Depending on how the game is going, I may change the LOE and DL up 1 or 2 together and sometimes I might have the DLF on Attack and try playing passes into space if they are committing their FB's/WB's forward leaving a possible 3v2 or 2v2.

Do you have some suggestions for this? I know that streaks end but I would like some ideas to try and resist the drop to zero goals.

Off the field stuff is this fix for this, look at your pre-season/squad rotation/keeping up morale.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, you're reading too much into just few games - it could be anything, starting from the opponent's tactics, morale of your teams or just random luck that affects a couple of results. Even the best teams have an off day here or there, unable to perform.

Secondly - in games that you're heavy favourites, opponents are more defensive and (depending on quality of your players). Just as in real life football - when you somehow manage to score the first goal (from corner or set piece, or perhaps because of a moment of individual skills or brilliance) then it forces them to open up their game and make things easier for you. If you fail to score in the first half they gain confidence and on the other hand your players could become frustrated and anxious, reducing the chance of scoring even further if you can't affect them with your shouts (I've rarely seen an anxious striker score, for example. He's most likely miss any decent chance that might come his way).

Thirdly - It's usually more difficult to score in away games. Even the best team sometimes struggle against bottom teams when playing away and can drop points. Shrewsbury and MK Dons games are away games. It doesn't necessarily mean that something's wrong with your default tactics.