Team Width in a Possesion based team

I play a classic 433, which becomes a 235 in possession. i want a player in all 5 channels and thats why i use two mezzalas, one slightly deeper on support and one more advanced on attacking to give me depth through the lines in attack. my question is what width should i use, as any higher than fairly narrow i feel my mezzalas and my wingers (instructed to stay wide and hug the line) occupy the same spaces but i dont see my wingers hug the lines as often, and my IWBs seem to come too far inside too. what width or instructions should i use?

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 02.55.57.png

5 hours ago, jalalanware said:

I play a classic 433, which becomes a 235 in possession. i want a player in all 5 channels and thats why i use two mezzalas, one slightly deeper on support and one more advanced on attacking to give me depth through the lines in attack. my question is what width should i use, as any higher than fairly narrow i feel my mezzalas and my wingers (instructed to stay wide and hug the line) occupy the same spaces but i dont see my wingers hug the lines as often, and my IWBs seem to come too far inside too. what width or instructions should i use?

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 02.55.57.png

With two inverted wingbacks you should push the width as wide as your players are capable of playing. 

6 hours ago, jalalanware said:

my question is what width should i use, as any higher than fairly narrow i feel my mezzalas and my wingers (instructed to stay wide and hug the line) occupy the same spaces but i dont see my wingers hug the lines as often, and my IWBs seem to come too far inside too. what width or instructions should i use?

Use Wingers. IW/IF and mezzala occupy the same space naturally. You need someone to stay wide with and  without the ball. Increasing the width slider or asking the IW to stay wider won’t cure your problem without suffering elsewhere.

Edited by CARRERA

1 hour ago, CARRERA said:

Use Wingers. IW/IF and mezzala occupy the same space naturally. You need someone to stay wide with and  without the ball. Increasing the width slider or asking the IW to stay wider won’t cure your problem without suffering elsewhere.

I think the width will be alright on a very wide setting, they're asking for the IW/IF to stay wider-- and the Mezzalas run wide as well. I think the main concern is defensively with two IWBs, two BPD and a much higher defensive line. Teams that can break the press will find a lot of joy.

I'd prefer the IWB(s) FB(S) combo in @The3points tactic for a bit more solidity at the back. An IRL example is Man City utilizing one IWB w/ Walker's pace and defensive ability counter balancing on the now departed Cancelo 

Edited by Cloud9