"Players signed on free transfers can be registered at any time" is not working(kind of)

Bentfi

I have a advanced rule Hong Kong mod which rework the Hong Kong League structure to be as close as real life. However, after using my mod, you can no longer register free agent outside of normal transfer window, inside free agent transfer window, outside of registration window, but since "Players signed on free transfers can be registered at any time" option is selected should be able to register.

FAArrive.thumb.jpg.e1a78c39d984664c5e0dc33a8b2d9943.jpg

registerError.thumb.jpg.994e41eee539d3a8e59cd75bc404bdd7.jpg

The tick is greyed out hence not able to select and register.

When I don't select my mod before I start a new save, it works miraculously.

FAArriveNoMod.thumb.jpg.9c3597314ed13bc69be377417e44ca54.jpg

registerWork.thumb.jpg.84c84f262661fd39a8ffd92aa709e755.jpg

So there must be something wrong with my mod, I first guessed that maybe this is hardcoded, so I test my theory by starting a Hong Kong advanced rule clean and change the setting of the league randomly and see if it still works, and to my own dismay, it still works.(By it works I mean I can register free agent)

This leads me to think that most likely(not 100% sure) that it is not hardcoded. Then, I guessed maybe is the fixture rules that is the root of the problem. I copied all my competitions (Competition type advanced rule) to the clean file and use some workaround to get a clean Hong Kong (Nation type advanced rule) and it fails to work.

So the competitions must be the culprit I thought, I looked at the competitions version of the league that I have problem with and saw that it is earlier version than the clean advanced rule file, so I thought it might be the version that is causing so much problem.

To test this out I redo the whole advanced rule part of my mod by Remove Rules and Add Nation Rules again and hand copy all the settings from my original rules to the new one. (Can't use copy and paste function in editor as it somehow removes the information about version, file path, I am afraid those have effect so I hand copied)

After all those trouble it still doesn't work.

But when I use copy function copy the league to the clean file I stated before it somehow works.(League Fixture not working after copying and also some detail lost, maybe important to note)

I even copied over my Hong Kong (Nation type advanced rules) it still works.

So I thought it might be league fixture's problem and I saved my redone mod (The one I hand copied, I use this as my main mod afterwards) to a new file and removed the League Fixture and add the league schedule back (Copied from clean file) and it still fails, so it mustn't be League Fixture's fault.

I even removed all other leagues that I made other than the one that I have problem with to see if it is other leagues causing problem and of course it is not and it still fails.

I have officially ran out of things to text and quite puzzled by the problem itself, can someone please enlighten me?

My guesses for the root of problem are: (Likeliness based on intuition)

- Is it because I have 3 of the same league to cater for 2 different years and 1 for the rest till forever (High likeliness)

- Is it because I have 2 of the same league that have the same file path that is causing the problem (I kind of tested it to be not true, low likeliness)

- Is it there something wrong in the league the way I set it up (Very high likeliness)

- Is this a bug in the game (Low likeliness)

- Is this a problem related to league fixtures (Low likeliness)

I think the problem most likely lies in the way I set up the league and I usually don't resort to using forum but I had tried to fix this problem for days and well the result speaks for itself.

香港足球.fmf

Any chance it's just because you're already at your max squad size?

Your first two screenshots show Maximum Squad Size of 30 players, and you already have 30. So there's no room left to add the free transfer player. Could be that you're not allowed to remove players outside of regular transfer windows too, so while you'd be able to register him if there were a free place, you're not allowed to unregister somebody else to create a space.

Your second two screenshots where it works show a Maximum Squad Size of 40 players and you're at 37. So there are 3 spare slots to register your free transfer player in.