ERROR IN NATION RULES(extra team requested = 0)

Bentfi

I get this error when I test rules in 香港足球.fmf, which is a remake of 香港足球backup.fmf after the game updated. In 香港足球backup.fmf, there is no error when I test the rules and both database are very similar, but the fixture rules are different and 香港足球.fmf's leagues are using a updated version

v36.thumb.jpg.dcdb67e4e3875ba75157912957462d9d.jpg

v38.thumb.jpg.7a39e822ca2a059b4f84c5a3ecbc6b50.jpg

I suspect that either I made a mistake when I remade the leagues that I didn't copy over everything important or this is a bug that is in the new version but not in the older

nationRuleError.jpg

qualRuleDiv0.jpg

extraTeam.jpg

qualRuleDiv1.jpg

香港足球.fmf 香港足球backup.fmf

To give context to why I remade the nation rules, it is to try to change 香港超級聯賽(league) into free transfers can be regiestered at any time, because I didnt use the original fixture rules and I was trying to fix it

backupFAregi.thumb.jpg.dd53f0ef829bdcb8a614dc99d2f1eb57.jpg

I open up a new save, go on holiday until transfer window is closed while the free agent transfer window is still open and signed a free agentFAArrive.thumb.jpg.d5c5ecc4f7db86da7a934cf0c452f7f8.jpg

after I accepted and a day had passed I try to register, u know after u can see coach report on him

registerError.thumb.jpg.1554fae55f10603fd6d2d39a9ce85dd3.jpg

The tick is greyed out, which shouldn't happen given player signed on free transfer can be registered at any time

Edited by Bentfi

This doesn't happen when I disable my modFAArriveNoMod.thumb.jpg.78c3f9fbba4b03c7d10a0be59ce19cd7.jpg

registerWork.thumb.jpg.d31dec94287dd2ce1fa27fcf0887c124.jpg

Both of those free agents are of same nationality, where both of them are domestic players, so there should be no restriction on registering them, I am also using the same club in both scenarios

newNationRule.thumb.jpg.b3c2c395800938e3d49d334a2fd278bd.jpg

I created another file with the nations rule default, advanced rules and randomly edited something and the result is same as when I have no mod where I can register Free Agents. This makes me come to the conclusion that most likely free transfer can register at any time is not hard coded

I also tried to not change the fixture rules, but copy all my leagues to this file, if the fixture rule is hard coded, this should work, yet it failed like my backup file. I suspect the leagues being on old version is the problem, so I tried to remake the database in the newest version and not touch the fixture rule.

This is my newest understanding of the problem after working about 7 hours on this today

Edited by Bentfi

The game doesn't like having 0 relegation places while teams are getting promoted into the league.

Try changing the 2022 and 2023 versions to have 1 relegation place and 2 promotion places in the 2nd tier. You'll still have 1 extra team being added to the top league each season, but the game won't throw up errors from it.

Looks like you also have a ranking levels issue that needs to be fixed too.

33 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Try changing the 2022 and 2023 versions to have 1 relegation place and 2 promotion places in the 2nd tier. You'll still have 1 extra team being added to the top league each season, but the game won't throw up errors from it.

I will try this tomorrow and see if it works

33 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

I will look more into it thanks

On 02/02/2023 at 15:14, rusty217 said:

The game doesn't like having 0 relegation places while teams are getting promoted into the league.

I tested and you are right, but I intended it to be 0 relegation places for first two seasons.

I figured out that if I set the relegation rules, number of relegation places as 0, it works out the way I intended it to be, weird.

Thanks for the help anyways!

On 02/02/2023 at 15:14, rusty217 said:

The ranking level is my mistake, I didn't copy over all the settings that I did in my old file:seagull: