Help with my false nine

Hi,

I've been trying to play with a false nine and 2 shadow strikers behind. The goal of my tactic is to make my 2 shadow strikers the main threat and the false nine to provide assist.  Even though my tactics seems to work well in terms of result and goals my F9 doesn't touch the ball enough or make any assists. Also his rating is always very low. Does it come from my tactics ? Should i change his role ? 

My F9 has killer ball, drop deep and dictate tempo as player traits. 

Thank you so much for your help 

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 16.08.18.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 16.08.35.png

So, you're getting good results and playing well, BUT the F9 is getting low ratings and not really impacting the game? 

Okay.  I would say the first thing you want to do is watch the match with the highlights on "full" or "comprehensive" and see how the F9 is interacting with the players around him.

Is he being crowded out by his teammates? Does he ever get the ball passed to him? Does he contribute effectively to your high press?

Lots of things could be going on but it's hard to say without knowing a bit more about what is happening when your team is in the attacking phase.

4 hours ago, ferdy said:

Hi,

I've been trying to play with a false nine and 2 shadow strikers behind. The goal of my tactic is to make my 2 shadow strikers the main threat and the false nine to provide assist.  Even though my tactics seems to work well in terms of result and goals my F9 doesn't touch the ball enough or make any assists. Also his rating is always very low. Does it come from my tactics ? Should i change his role ? 

My F9 has killer ball, drop deep and dictate tempo as player traits. 

Thank you so much for your help 

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 16.08.18.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 16.08.35.png

Try taking off move into channels and roam from position on him. If he's not dropping back into the space there's a big gap between your midfield and front line. Move into channels seems redundant with the SS.

He's also physically quite poor and can't handle additional movement.

Edited by Cloud9
Original idea was bad

1. Remove "moves into channels" and "roam from position" from the F9. You already have both SS running the channels, you need the F9 to stay in the centre just outside the box if you want him to set up goals for the Shadow Strikers.

2. I'd also switch the left SS to an AP-at or Treq-at role. You need someone to get the ball to your F9. The Shadow Strikers are not creative players/passers, they are run-and-score players first and foremost. The only one who could get the ball to your F9 at the moment is your RPM but he's quite far away (DMCR position). If an opposing midfielder can mark your RPM out of the game, there's nobody to advance the ball to your F9, thus I'd change one of the SS to a more creative/passing role (AP-at or Treq still moves into space and runs the channels).

On 20/01/2023 at 17:00, bababooey said:

So, you're getting good results and playing well, BUT the F9 is getting low ratings and not really impacting the game? 

Okay.  I would say the first thing you want to do is watch the match with the highlights on "full" or "comprehensive" and see how the F9 is interacting with the players around him.

Is he being crowded out by his teammates? Does he ever get the ball passed to him? Does he contribute effectively to your high press?

Lots of things could be going on but it's hard to say without knowing a bit more about what is happening when your team is in the attacking phase.

Thank you for your reply ! I've just watched the match with the highlights on comprehensive. Obviously my false nine played really well on that match ahah. His movements seemed good with and without the ball but he is clearly not receiving the ball enough. Sometimes he is close to the two SS. 

@burnumand @Cloud9 Thank you for your advice. Don't you think that if you remove roam from position he won't drop deep to get the ball ?

I will try the Treq on the left to see but i'm worried i will lose goal opportunities compared to before. 

He is the number 10 on the map. Very few passes combination with him compared to the other players. He seems to have space though. 

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 18.02.14.png

6 hours ago, ferdy said:

Thank you for your reply ! I've just watched the match with the highlights on comprehensive. Obviously my false nine played really well on that match ahah. His movements seemed good with and without the ball but he is clearly not receiving the ball enough. Sometimes he is close to the two SS. 

@burnumand @Cloud9 Thank you for your advice. Don't you think that if you remove roam from position he won't drop deep to get the ball ?

I will try the Treq on the left to see but i'm worried i will lose goal opportunities compared to before. 

He is the number 10 on the map. Very few passes combination with him compared to the other players. He seems to have space though. 

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 18.02.14.png

The F9 will already drop deep to get the ball, by telling him to roam your telling him to do other things as well instead of doing that.

He's like the DLF but without the strength required to hold up the ball and play with his back to goal. On a side note the SS is perfect match for the F9, as they'll move into the space the other one previously occupied.