Best way to get 4 semi-finalists of a cup to start from round 2 on same cup but following year

rmpMarko

Hi all,

What is the best way to set league fate or whatever method you would suggest to get the 4 teams in semi-finals of of His Majesty's Cup to play from round 2 on the Majesty's cup but following year?

Also I m open as well to end the cup on same year 2022 (and for first year to get the 4 teams that in reality are starting from that round from a team pool) and then to do the 2023 with this rule however, I am finding it hard with league fate to get them. 

oman.fmf

If there's no third place game, could you just use get last winner, get last runner-up, and get last third-place team (max teams 2)? If the two losing finalists have the correct ranking (2 in this case, or third overall) it might call them both? Then do the same thing in the earlier round but "ignore teams"

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

If there's no third place game, could you just use get last winner, get last runner-up, and get last third-place team (max teams 2)? If the two losing finalists have the correct ranking (2 in this case, or third overall) it might call them both? Then do the same thing in the earlier round but "ignore teams"

Yes, actually i thought about that when i went to bed! Could give it a try with rankings 

16 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Set up rankings and not getting them.. I find this editor so frustrating to be honest... It should be really easy to pick teams from stages of same competitions but year before... 

Add Fate Actions to qualify both the winner and loser of the semi final for the Cup with seeding 0, make sure the For This Year box is NOT ticked.

When getting teams for the cup tell it to get teams with Seeding 0 and assign them seeding 0, then tell it to get all the other teams however you're doing it currently and assign them seeding 1, sort your stage in a way that makes sure teams with seeding 0 are at the bottom of the teams list. Providing the number of teams all adds up to put enough in the first round, those teams with seeding 0 will skip that and go straight into the second round.