Finding a club's accompanying population size

Context

Starting a multiyear (usually spanning several IRL years) save in England Tier 10. I've understood there is a small link between supporters/attendance and a city's population. Bought the in-game editor and it seems all clubs in Tier 10 had the same max attendance. However, there is also population size taken into account, which I'm understanding has an influence for how fast max attendance can grow following a club's growing reputation. Simply said, that would mean that a club in London would grow faster in attendance than a club in the middle of nowhere.

However, I can't find in the in-game editor what a club's accompanying population size is. This is technically something that can be done manually, but its eg pretty up for debate what the interpretation is of eg clubs located in London suburbs. In addition, I would expect this to be data somewhere available in the database. Is this something I simply can not find in the in-game editor, and is there a way to otherwise find this information somewhere in FM's files? 

48 minutes ago, Supermercado99 said:

Open the editor data file in the pre-game editor, search for the city you're interested in and the population bracket of the city you're interested in will be there.

This. I don't think you can do it in the IGE, but if it matters to you, and you don't agree with what's coded in your save, you can always use the IGE to manually alter the figures to what you think is realistic each close season.

Thanks to you both! I see clubs have 2 cities attached to them (one being City and one iirc Metropolitan area or sth). Would the first be their first addressable market, and then when a club is big enough they'd also be reaching out to the metropolitan area? 

In addition, are you aware of any view in the editor where I can see a list of clubs in a competition with the city in the column next to it? 

On 06/01/2023 at 21:03, MindstateNL said:

Thanks to you both! I see clubs have 2 cities attached to them (one being City and one iirc Metropolitan area or sth). Would the first be their first addressable market, and then when a club is big enough they'd also be reaching out to the metropolitan area? 

In addition, are you aware of any view in the editor where I can see a list of clubs in a competition with the city in the column next to it? 

As far as I'm aware the region (e.g. 156631 - London) only alter the weather, regen language and regen names and the region population doesn't have any bearing on anything else. I will stand corrected if this is untrue because there is a lot we still don't know about how this editor works.

If you want to see clubs with the city next to them in the PGE, open the clubs section, filter to get it down to just the clubs you want, then if city isn't listed right click in the top row and insert city column. 

image.thumb.png.d7192c4e428684c7468f528f5c0292bf.png

• 2 weeks later...