Defensive width & the pressing trap

Looking for some help understanding how the defensive width instructions and pressing trap work interact with eachother on FM23.

By default, my tactic plays default for both but I might change the defensive width (invite cross / stop cross) depending on how the opposition are playing. For example, I play a 4-3-3 and if the opposition are playing a 4-2-3-1 with the two wide players cutting in I'll select 'Invite Cross' to restrict the space in the middle of the pitch to counter them cutting inside.

My question is does setting a press to 'trap outside' support that approach (to further force play into the wide areas) or would 'trap inside' work better to force the opposition into a crowded space?

If the opponent's tactic is focused on cutting inside from wide positions, I think it's better to force the opponent to play in wide areas.

The pressing trap trap is just the angle at which your players will pressure the opponent.

Perhaps it would also be appropriate to activate the option to allow crosses, as I have seen in my games, this instruction invites your players to be closer together in central areas when they are out posesión phase, making it difficult for the opponent to play through central areas. Can anyone confirm this? It looks similar to the old defensive width instruction.

In my last save I had tall but slow central defenders. I set the instructions to press outside and invite crosses. In my current save I have a quick defender who can push the line higher, but the guys are small, and I have no wingers, so I play a 442 narrow diamond, set to press inside and stop crosses.