Cap impact of $9k, salary of $2k.... hhmmm

It's early Sunday morning, which might explain this but I can't work out why in the MLS, I bring in a US player on $2,100 p/w the salary cap impact is $9,250! Even if you allocate out his loyalty bonus it still makes no sense. Can anyone explain what might be behind this calculation?

image.thumb.png.0e006957c5270ab032afd9249eea70f8.png

15 hours ago, jfmargolin said:

It's early Sunday morning, which might explain this but I can't work out why in the MLS, I bring in a US player on $2,100 p/w the salary cap impact is $9,250! Even if you allocate out his loyalty bonus it still makes no sense. Can anyone explain what might be behind this calculation?

I hear you. MLS can be a very confusing place and if you think your circumstances are odd try and explain this one.....

Gregore earns £13,500 per week but his salary cap impact is somehow £3,400 p/w. That makes the salary cap impact 75% less than his actual salary. 
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

8 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

I hear you. MLS can be a very confusing place and if you think your circumstances are odd try and explain this one.....

Gregore earns £13,500 per week but his salary cap impact is somehow £3,400 p/w. That makes the salary cap impact 75% less than his actual salary. 
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

It says 50% is the max. reduction! Unfortunately I might have to stop this save. Now there's no international break in the schedule so a third of my list has gone on international duty and I'm losing every game... just looks to be poorly setup. Maybe in a couple of years when they've ironed the bugs out.

On 13/11/2022 at 09:44, jfmargolin said:

image.thumb.png.0e006957c5270ab032afd9249eea70f8.png

Did you buy him from another club? If so, the transfer fee counts against the salary cap as well (over the duration of the contract). Ditto for signing fees.