Defending like Man city

Conventional wisdom is that the tactical shape you see in the tactics creator is your defensive shape. So if you wanted to defend in a 442 you would have to set that up as something resembling your off the ball shape.

You'd then have to use different player roles, duties and player instructions to create movements on the ball that replicated the 433.

I would assume that you would want the '2' in the 442 to be your striker and one of your central midfield players? I.e. Haaland and KdB? In that case you could try pushing KdB up into the AMCR slot possibly, and/or experiment with instructions such as triggering a press on the DCL, or having de Bruyne man mark the opposition DCL.

7 minutes ago, ElJefe4 said:

Conventional wisdom is that the tactical shape you see in the tactics creator is your defensive shape. So if you wanted to defend in a 442 you would have to set that up as something resembling your off the ball shape.

You'd then have to use different player roles, duties and player instructions to create movements on the ball that replicated the 433.

I would assume that you would want the '2' in the 442 to be your striker and one of your central midfield players? I.e. Haaland and KdB? In that case you could try pushing KdB up into the AMCR slot possibly, and/or experiment with instructions such as triggering a press on the DCL, or having de Bruyne man mark the opposition DCL.

If that’s the case….

Man-marking? Not a fan of it. probably try pushing the one of the MF into to AMC strata