AF vs PF(a)

Curious to get some advice - when do you choose to rotate between the two?

I traditionally opt for an AF against teams that sit deeper and a PF(a) against teams that have a higher back line.  My thinking is that an AF can push forward while a PF(a) is better suited to hassle an opponents back line and also function similarly to an AF.  Mainly wondering about the differences in attack since I already understand the defensive differences - I might be totally off on my assumptions.  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Tcufrog said:

Curious to get some advice - when do you choose to rotate between the two?

I traditionally opt for an AF against teams that sit deeper and a PF(a) against teams that have a higher back line.  My thinking is that an AF can push forward while a PF(a) is better suited to hassle an opponents back line and also function similarly to an AF.  Mainly wondering about the differences in attack since I already understand the defensive differences - I might be totally off on my assumptions.  Thanks!

Howdy from texas??

I like to think about the difference with these as do I want an offensive focused scorer, who might press occassionally (AFA), the prime scoring threat for my team, or do I want more of a team player, presses very often, more all around player or willing to lay off to another striker or IF-A.

4 minutes ago, 04texag said:

Howdy from texas??

I like to think about the difference with these as do I want an offensive focused scorer, who might press occassionally (AFA), the prime scoring threat for my team, or do I want more of a team player, presses very often, more all around player or willing to lay off to another striker or IF-A.

Thanks for your response!  Went to school at TCU and definitely enjoying my Frogs season in real football this year:cool:

I like your comments about the PF being more of a team player, definitely makes sense.  I usually opt for an AF as I like the role in the game, but have played both and not sure I can spot the differences in attack.

6 minutes ago, Tcufrog said:

Thanks for your response!  Went to school at TCU and definitely enjoying my Frogs season in real football this year:cool:

I like your comments about the PF being more of a team player, definitely makes sense.  I usually opt for an AF as I like the role in the game, but have played both and not sure I can spot the differences in attack.

I went to A&M, and NOT enjoying the season...

I tend to go with AF-A over most other roles when running a single striker

7 minutes ago, 04texag said:

I went to A&M, and NOT enjoying the season...

I tend to go with AF-A over most other roles when running a single striker

Good to know!  Thanks for the feedback, and best of luck with Jimbo's buyout...