Relegated B-teams not recognised as relegated

MichielVM

I've set up a dynamic relegation system for a country where B-teams are also in the main competition pyramid (up to a certain level). In the system, extra teams are automatically relegated to make space in regional divisions for teams from that same region that are relegated from the level above. This ensures that the teams are put in the right regional competition, as there is always room for them.

After extensive testing, however, I discovered that when a team is 'dynamically' relegated, their B-team in the lower levels does not get relegated properly. When the A-team is directly relegated (by finishing last), there is no issue (B-team is also seen as relegated, as a result). It seems that the game does not properly 'tag' the B-team when the relegation happens through another competition stage, sometimes it even cancels the relegation of a B-team that has finished last in a lower level. Note that the final stages of the levels above are always entered as 'required' to have finished before the relegation system starts in the lower level. The B-team also only has to be relegated if there's only two levels between it and the A-team.

The dynamic system requires that all relegated teams (including B-teams) are taken into account to have the correct number of teams relegated at the end of the season. With the B-teams throwing a wrench in the system, issues start to appear after 5-10 seasons of playing/simulating.

Any ideas as to how I can make sure the game immediatly recognises the B-teams as 'relegated' when their A-team is relegated?

4 hours ago, endrieq said:

I had simmilar problem while working on Polish leagues. Try to tick a flag "Non-Promoted Teams Can Play in Playoff" in stagees, where you are using top playoff rules. So far it works fine for me. image.thumb.jpeg.b225636f0a43c34b3e62b5dea5429d7a.jpeg 

That would be an 'easy' fix, I'll try it out!

It seems to have changed things a little bit. The initial problem of dynamically relegated A-teams and their B-teams seems solved, but I still found a few B-teams that got relegated after the entire dynamic relegation system had done its thing. That additional relegation should not happen.

Despite trying to set it up, I am unable to tell the game to wait for all B-team relegations before continuing. Weird!

Edited by MichielVM

Yes, here's an example:

Here is 'second provincial level for the province of Hainaut' (7th level in the pyramid), there is an A, B and C group on this level for this region, in total 3 teams are relegated (one for each group), notice the relegated team 'FC Flénu' in the B group:

20220910100510_1.thumb.jpg.0b9aaeddd649df9c93291ef95bce830d.jpg

This is the same region, but the level below ('third level for Hainaut, 8th in the pyramid), seven teams should be relegated, but in fact there are eight relegated teams:20220910100524_1.thumb.jpg.54cb53e8639a4418368d258ba7a8dbb9.jpg20220910100528_1.thumb.jpg.150251f58b1bdd4f704e690c6dfdaa49.jpg20220910100532_1.thumb.jpg.8f44553ebc730855b38e7bbc428e8004.jpg20220910100534_1.thumb.jpg.d74e2784de38228ce42dbb3d15529391.jpg

Looking into the stages of the dynamic system, one can see that 'FC Flénu B' is not taken into account as relegated team in the system, stage 1 has all 'certain/non-dynamic' relegated teams from this region and level. It only has the last team of each region-group (the last place being a relegation spot), while Flénu B should have taken the place of AS Pommeroeul-Ville in the B-group as the one relegated team:
20220910100636_1.thumb.jpg.f0585fc6f1de88312333aa8a185c83e5.jpg

Everything else happens as it normally does:

20220910100644_1.thumb.jpg.48715f51434429404f4c885d6e79a92a.jpg

20220910100647_1.thumb.jpg.b7aa63e63ef09e6e879d5c66f85ccd4d.jpg

Here are the teams that the system decides should be relegated:

20220910100651_1.thumb.jpg.b92cf49140709e2affe215e416721c6f.jpg

Here are seven teams, as it should be. Flénu B is not one of them. However, Flénu B is still relegated as an additional eight team.

Hopefully you can think of something with this. I can send you my file and the save-file if you need it. Thanks for the help!

Edited by MichielVM

OK, I looked into your files and here is what i see:

The first league's team finished later then the B team's league (some od the matches played one day later), and you didn't tick a flag "Delay Stage Finish for B teams fates" in advanced rules - at least for B team's league, but it will good to check all of them :).

Edited by endrieq

10 hours ago, endrieq said:

OK, I looked into your files and here is what i see:

The first league's team finished later then the B team's league (some od the matches played one day later), and you didn't tick a flag "Delay Stage Finish for B teams fates" in advanced rules - at least for B team's league, but it will good to check all of them :).

That sounds logical!

Do you think ticking the flag is enough, or should I delay the last matches somehow?

Where should I add that flag by the way? In the main league stage or just in all stages?

On 20/09/2022 at 23:55, endrieq said:

Your welcome! :)

Did some more testing and found another case of the same issue :( . First season seems to go perfectly, but along the way sometimes the issue still appears. 

Maybe I should put in the flag to delay the end of the competition in every competition stage?

DDB Chielen's Total Belgian Lower League Overhaul (v1.4).fmf

Edited by MichielVM

Added those flags everywhere, strange thing is that sometimes teams get put in the wrong division. I'm not sure if there is a problem with relegation and promotion causing this, or if the regional sorting does not work properly. I've been using this system: 

image.thumb.jpeg.e7490d8d9353ebe58029296e2a0ad910.jpeg

It seems to work most of the time. 

Yes, here it is: https://we.tl/t-c8V9jvnnKW 

The editorfile is in the post above the one with the image.

I used a startdate in 2031 to quickly simulate ten seasons, but you can see that not all seasons have actually been simulated. That's because somewhere along the way, the dynamic relegation ran into some issues.

Some of the issues I found while looking through the seasons:

• There are no fixture dates in the season 29-30. I think this season just did not start. I think the latest season (30-31) also ran into trouble.
  • Competition Première Provinciale Hainaut did not end in the 'current' season. The team 'Rangers Opdorp' should not be in this region.
  • In the season 28-29 in competition Première Provinciale Brabant ACFF, the team Walem did not get properly relegated. This is because this team is in the wrong region. One more team should be relegated from this competition however.

These are just a few things I found, but hopefully they can help you find the issue.