League pyramid system

arthmael

Hi Guys. I'm creating a new nation and this is the league system I'm trying to create.

spacer.png

How to ensure that the 4 teams relegated from the 2nd league have 1 representative club from each 3rd league group (AB / CD / E / FG).

The same problem puzzles me for the 4th tier divisions.

I have created 7 base local regions (nations) that are named A, B, C, D, E, F and G and transfered all cities and clubs to them,

I need help with the rules of the league system.

You could create an extra stage in the 2nd league that puts teams in groups based on their region (you could tell it to get teams from that division with x local region and give them seeding 0 then tell it to put all seeding 0 teams into the same group and so on for the other regions, so you'd have 4 groups for AB, CD, E and FG. You'd need to tell those stages to not have any fixtures of their own and to instead draw all of their results from the main league stage. You then set the main league stage to have 0 relegation places and instead relegate 1 team from each of the regional groups. You could have a look at the Brazilian Sao Paulo state championship as kind of an opposite example, that uses a 2nd group stage to create fixtures for the main league table (which has no fixtures of its own) and teams are then relegated based on that main league table. So it'd be a similar setup just in reverse.

I'm not sure it'd 100% guarantee it though, since with promotion to and from the top division you could end up with an unbalanced number of teams from each region.